Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Black Box in your Evoque
Acwats

Black Box in your Evoque

No not that sort, Wink
Is everybody aware of this extract from the Owner's Manual.
Is this for the UK?
I can see pluses and minuses and I'm sure everybody will have a view - just thought we should all be aware

EVENT DATA RECORDING
Event data recorders are capable of collecting and storing short sequences of data during a crash or near-crash event. The recorded information may assist in the investigation of such an event. The EDR may record information about vehicle dynamics and safety systems, potentially including such information as:
• How various systems in your vehicle were operating.
• Whether or not the driver and passenger seat belts were buckled.
• How far, if at all, the driver was pressing the accelerator and/or brake pedal.
• How fast the vehicle was travelling.

To access this information special equipment must be connected directly to the recording modules. Land Rover do not access EDR information without obtaining consent unless pursuant to a court order or where required by law enforcement, other government authorities or third parties acting with lawful authority.

Other parties may seek to access the information independently of Land Rover.
Note: No personal data (e.g., name, gender, age and crash location) are recorded.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
22-09-2011 01:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: Black Box in your Evoque

This has been done on previous RRS's as far as I'm aware and maybe other RR models. One offender was also jailed after he had been driving very dangerously indeed and this was big news at the time. The little girl that was in the other car at the time is now severly disabled!
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 01:58pm by evoqueboy.)
22-09-2011 01:58pm
PAT

It's a good thing to have this data recorded as unless your driving like an idiot you've nothing to worry about IMO.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
22-09-2011 02:41pm
GibEvoque

Some insurance companies have started using this as well, and premiums based on mileage and driving style - See insurethebox.com i think they are the first.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
22-09-2011 03:36pm
wal20

With all the cameras, it's a wonder that the last few minutes or even seconds of video aren't also recorded.
08-02-2014 11:54pm
Westy

I thinks it's been law for quite a few years for all cars, but it is for final impact to assist the authorities with their investigations.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
09-02-2014 01:17pm
Smilesapart

Personally it smacks of yet more evidence that yet more of '1984' coming into the real world and I don't like it one bit. It's just another way to have big brother watching our every move.
09-02-2014 03:27pm
Jeroma

(09-02-2014 03:27pm)Smilesapart Wrote:  Personally it smacks of yet more evidence that yet more of '1984' coming into the real world and I don't like it one bit. It's just another way to have big brother watching our every move.
Speaking about BLACK BOX... Does anyone of you wise people know what that black box located right hand beside the rear view mirror is.
It's situated in the blackened upper part of the windscreen. I had my car at the dealer last week and asked the chief mechanic... He never paid attention to it and was unable to answer my question.
It got openings at the lower side and there is a kind of sensor inside.
My car has no electronics like rain/light sensors etc....
I wanted to use this spot to fix my toll badge for the French motoways, imho it's the most handy place .
If needed I can post a picture

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
09-02-2014 05:59pm
m_101

yes please - don't think I have one of these in mine!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
09-02-2014 10:33pm
Jeroma

(09-02-2014 10:33pm)m_101 Wrote:  yes please - don't think I have one of these in mine!
This is the first time I attach a picture in this forum, hope it works as it should

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
10-02-2014 11:35am