Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bird Droppings
mark_n

Bird Droppings

I'm sure we all know these can wreak havoc withpaint work but after washing the car at the weekend, I've found that the black gloss parts (specifically the rear spoiler on a dynamic) are more vulnerable even than that. I was able to sort it out using a cutting polish, but that black gloss seems quite soft.

The message is clear, if a bird craps on your RRE, wash it off soon, don't leave it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-04-2012 05:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Bird Droppings

I don't seem to have the same problem with my Galway green. My Black Sapphire Lexus also had the same problem and no matter what you did it would not come off. I think certain paints from Japan and the US have the same problem where the paint is really soft

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
04-04-2012 07:49am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Another advantage of having the Panoramic roof - half the flat area of the car is now less easily damaged by bird droppings! I have a rookery 50ft from the house, it's a nightmare when the eggs are incubated and then young are old enough to start flying - there are 4 driveways and 5 cars right under the flight path and seem to the subject of target practice! And crow/rooks don't do small droppings either..................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 10:18am by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2012 10:17am
WB
WB

You're absolutely right - The black gloss parts especially the pillars are ridiculously soft!
04-04-2012 01:19pm
Evo-king

So can anyone on here suggest the best protectant.

I have supagard mousse remover from a previous car, and also use the hot cloth method, but that is for removal not protection.

Are there any g-techniq prouducts? as they seem to get quite a lot of favourable posts on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-04-2012 02:33pm
WB
WB

Yes you can use G-techniq C1.5 or for a higher level of protection the new C1+ product. In reality the best way to deal with bird droppings is to get them off as quickly as possible.

Autoglym actually do Bird dropping wipes - in individual sachets. Or a quick detail spray and a microfiber left in the car can be used to do the same job.
04-04-2012 04:36pm
stef.c

(04-04-2012 01:19pm)WB Wrote:  You're absolutely right - The black gloss parts especially the pillars are ridiculously soft!

When you say ridiculously soft do you mean very susceptible to scratches/damage from bird poo? Or do you mean easy to polish with a mild abrasive?

Can you explain it to a simpleton?

I have found the gloss black pillars pick up scratches very easily. Any recommendations to get rid of these at all?

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 05:27pm by stef.c.)
04-04-2012 05:25pm
Donny Dog

(04-04-2012 05:25pm)stef.c Wrote:  When you say ridiculously soft do you mean very susceptible to scratches/damage from bird poo? Or do you mean easy to polish with a mild abrasive?

I have found the gloss black pillars pick up scratches very easily. Any recommendations to get rid of these at all?

He means they scratch easily. You seem plagued by scratches!!Laughing

You need to be very tender with them, and all the usual recommendations for the best car-cleaning techniques apply very much to these parts. I doubt that you'd get any existing scratches out (hopefully you have 'swirls' rather than serious scratches), but you can make best efforts to avoid adding to them. As an illustration of how 'soft' these parts are, my car was pristine when delivered, and I could detect no swirls on the car even under lamps, but the black parts are all swirled, so their PDI cleaning hurt the black parts but not the paintwork (even though that is also relatively 'soft' when new).
04-04-2012 07:43pm
PhilSkill

(04-04-2012 05:25pm)stef.c Wrote:  When you say ridiculously soft do you mean very susceptible to scratches/damage from bird poo? Or do you mean easy to polish with a mild abrasive?

Dont use a brush, esp on the gloss black, clean microfibre only, and keep them well waxed or sealed.

WB can we get the C1.5 or C1+ yet? I assume they need removing all the previous wax etc and IPA wiping first?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-04-2012 10:56pm