Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Big Brakes
hdavidson

Big Brakes

Hello all,

Just purchased my Dynamic this past weekend and already starting to mod. I installed a set off Kahn RS600 22" rims and now I'm thinking about a big break kit. Has anyone installed the Brembo Gran Turismo brake Kit? I'd love to see some pics. Also, I'd interested in feedback on color. I'd love to do yellow but may do something a little more obvious as red. Thanks for any input.

A quick pic of my new truck...

[Image: f487396df17fcdbb478de6ed56289f78.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 10:09pm by hdavidson.)
19-01-2013 09:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

Big Brakes

The Brembo bbk would be fronts only I assume, being that the rear caliper is electronic for the handbrake. The bbk is only 355mm and 4 piston from memory Which is not particularly good value considering the cost vs what you get. I put the 380mm 6 piston on my last car and it was awesome however Smile
20-01-2013 04:12am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Big Brakes

In addition to Jai's post, changing the brake system will also interfer with the electronics of the Terrain Response
as it uses signals from the ABS/TC to transfer the torque around the wheels to maintain drive and to activate the DSC, the HDC and the gradiemt control.
You obivously aren't worried about warranty as you've blown yours right out of the water just by fitting 22" wheels, which the car is not designed to run or homologated for - have you also checked that you remain insured as a result of these changes

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 05:22am by XFullFatTim.)
20-01-2013 05:19am
scalle

(19-01-2013 09:37pm)hdavidson Wrote:  Hello all,

Just purchased my Dynamic this past weekend and already starting to mod. I installed a set off Kahn RS600 22" rims and now I'm thinking about a big break kit. Has anyone installed the Brembo Gran Turismo brake Kit? I'd love to see some pics. Also, I'd interested in feedback on color. I'd love to do yellow but may do something a little more obvious as red. Thanks for any input.

A quick pic of my new truck...

[Image: f487396df17fcdbb478de6ed56289f78.jpg]

These look great, i already thought of buying them in 20"
Really excellent!!!

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
20-01-2013 11:18am
Stadt Panzer

Big Brakes

Tim, I have a feeling that hdavidson lives in the US.
But on his question of brakes, I have read an article about a German supplier who offers upgraded brakes (colour yellow me thinks) for around euro 5000. Did think about it before I saw the price Sad

Somewhere in the North Sea.
20-01-2013 11:59am
Kimv

Big Brakes

(20-01-2013 11:59am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Tim, I have a feeling that hdavidson lives in the US.
But on his question of brakes, I have read an article about a German supplier who offers upgraded brakes (colour yellow me thinks) for around euro 5000. Did think about it before I saw the price Sad

You could also just paint the original ones. Saw a YouTube video on that.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
20-01-2013 12:27pm
sciack

Big Brakes

I am also interested in the brembo gran turismo brakes, they are 365 not 340. So quiet big. And they cost not too much, around 3000 usd.

Please update this thread if you have fitted into your car. Thanks
08-04-2013 07:43pm
CG1

(08-04-2013 07:43pm)sciack Wrote:  Please update this thread if you have fitted into your car.

Not yet fitted, but in trying to find out what's doing, I thought I'd revive this thread, rather than posting new. I only found a few other threads dedicated to brake upgrades, and this one had the most concise subject to move forward with. (The other that I found is here.)

I'm looking at packaging/fabbing a 4-corner upgrade for a friend that would recycle the OE rear calipers. Given the age of this topic, I wanted to see if anyone's discovered a reasonably priced kit that looks the part of the Evoque since? I saw nothing, other than the uber-priced Brembo GTs.
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2018 07:20pm by CG1.)
15-02-2018 05:42pm