Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best price for new evoque to order
Shaz408

All,

I am looking to order new 14 model and looked around a couple of dealers prices, but drivethe deal website prices are much different from the dealers one, is there any particular reason or it just dealers are keeping good margin.

Anybody here bought from drivethedeal.com and their experience

Please give your feedback will really help to decide.

R
Shah
16-12-2013 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Drive the deal prices are generally based on prices they have been able to get for a vehicle of that spec in the past. (From their website FAQ)

I think it's possible that the prices the quote now may be based mainly on MY13 model year therefore you may find the price the dealer ends up quoting may not have quite as good a discount due to the fact they will be quoting in the new model.

It would be interesting to actually track that to get som evidence though.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
16-12-2013 09:38pm
Shaz408

RE: Best price for new evoque to order

(16-12-2013 09:38pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  Drive the deal prices are generally based on prices they have been able to get for a vehicle of that spec in the past. (From their website FAQ)

I think it's possible that the prices the quote now may be based mainly on MY13 model year therefore you may find the price the dealer ends up quoting may not have quite as good a discount due to the fact they will be quoting in the new model.

It would be interesting to actually track that to get som evidence though.

Thanks for the reply

I will double check in my case i can see a difference of 2k atleast (if i go with drivethedeal website prices) so is it still worth to go via local dealer ? any experience here of drivethedeal
16-12-2013 10:23pm
MarkA_

You should be able to get your preferred dealer down by a bit, but unlikely to get down as much as DTD.

Depends on how much you value dealing with a dealer you prefer vs the price you pay.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
16-12-2013 10:41pm
rchrdleigh

There is currently a long wait for 2014MY Evoque which is why Dealers' are reluctant to offer discounts.
I would check with any Broker such as Drivethedeal that they can actually source and deliver the model you want when you want it. Brokers will source their car from a LR Dealer and will use their buying power to get the price down but if the Dealer can sell direct at or near list price he is going to favour that sale over a broker sale at a lower price.
Check WharCar or similar for their target price and see how it compares to a Dealer price or broker price.
16-12-2013 10:43pm
tyke2

Today I have been offered a 2014 9 speed auto, Sd4 Dynamic, list price £41k , for £37k cash or 35k on PCP, in stock for delivery now.
Also a 2013 pure tech, with satnav, 20" wheels, pano roof, fogs, etc for £35k cash.
At different dealers.
Are any of these decent deals?

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
17-12-2013 06:46pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(17-12-2013 06:46pm)tyke2 Wrote:  Today I have been offered a 2014 9 speed auto, Sd4 Dynamic, list price £41k , for £37k cash or 35k on PCP, in stock for delivery now.
Also a 2013 pure tech, with satnav, 20" wheels, pano roof, fogs, etc for £35k cash.
At different dealers.
Are any of these decent deals?
The closer you get to the end of the calendar year before committing the better you might get; it's all about Q4 registrations and if the dealer is close to their end of year sales target the incentive might be for them to do you an even better deal based on the payout they will get from JLR for the whole year. Can you do PCP and then pay off immediately if you are a "cash buyer"?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
17-12-2013 07:04pm
Shaz408

Would you mind sharing dealer details or PM of thats possible
17-12-2013 07:26pm
tyke2

I'll let u know after I do a deal on one of them if that's ok.

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
17-12-2013 07:47pm
MarkA_

[GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Out of those 2 my choice would have to be for the MY14 dynamic with the 9speed.

(This post was last modified: 17-12-2013 09:36pm by MarkA_.)
17-12-2013 09:34pm