Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Color for Dynamic 4 Door Evoque
nicholascanada

I know it is waaaaaaaaaay subjective...but wondering what your take on the best color combo for the Dynamic Evoque is?

I am leaning towards Fuji White with white roof. Just having hard time not going with black, although I have no idea what the difference between Barolo and Santorini black is...thanks!!

Nick
21-12-2012 04:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
same2you

RE: Best Color for Dynamic 4 Door Evoque

(21-12-2012 04:55am)nicholascanada Wrote:  I have no idea what the difference between Barolo and Santorini black is...thanks!!

Santorini Black is more of a standard Black Metallic Paint... Barolo has a purple/golden fleck to it (kind of like a dark eggplant). Barolo looks amazing when the light hits it (IMO, which is why I ordered mine in Barolo Black), but looks pretty much like any other Black when its dirty or overcast.

White is very nice for the Evoque, but it seems like 75% of them that I see around here are Fuji White (or maybe one evoque owner is just stalking me Smile )
21-12-2012 05:39am
smayo

Very subjective.

I wouldn't go with a shade of black on a Dynamic though. Anything else to get the contrast to the Dynamic glossy black bits.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
21-12-2012 09:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Fuji White with the black contrast roof. The contrast roof reduces the extra height of the four door and makes it look more coupe

Difference between Santorini and Barolo - Barolo has red flecks in it and when the sun shines on it it glistens reddish black, santorinni is just glossy black with black flecks. The New Range Rover has the amazing choice of about 5 different blacks to chose from, and that's before you go down the Autobiography Special paint finishes route!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 11:13am by XFullFatTim.)
21-12-2012 10:40am
Samson

(21-12-2012 09:34am)smayo Wrote:  Very subjective.

I wouldn't go with a shade of black on a Dynamic though. Anything else to get the contrast to the Dynamic glossy black bits.

+1 Think Dynamic suits the 'lighter' colours better... although no doubt many would disagree.

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
21-12-2012 11:07am
Craig_d1

Orkney Grey with contrast black roof get's my vote. Nice contrast with the black grill etc and the silver bumber etc. I like Fuji white with black contrast roof and see and all black around where i live also which looks good. Guy up the road has a Firenze with black contrast roof which looks good too...
basically most combo's work
21-12-2012 01:49pm
stiggy

(21-12-2012 01:49pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Orkney Grey with contrast black roof get's my vote. Nice contrast with the black grill etc and the silver bumber etc. I like Fuji white with black contrast roof and see and all black around where i live also which looks good. Guy up the road has a Firenze with black contrast roof which looks good too...
basically most combo's work

+1 but I am biased!

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
21-12-2012 03:05pm
Kimv

I changed my order maybe 10 times, mostly for the color. I went from all white, to all OG, OG with black roof, OG with silver roof, considered red for a while, etc... and finally ended up with full Santorini black.

After 6 months of ownership I'm still persuaded that (for me) Santorini black was the right choice. Black cars do have the reputation of looking dirty most of the time but I think this is a bit overblown. I think it even looks nice when it's a bit dirty, gives it a bit of a bad ass look Smile.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
21-12-2012 04:04pm
stephenc

Orkney Grey with black roof - looks amazing and the black roof matches all the black accents (grill, vents etc)

Ordered 25/6/12, Delivery: 06/03/13
Prestige SD4 in Orkney Grey with Element Interior + Ebony Rooflining, Santorini Roof, 20" Style 6 and a few toys.
21-12-2012 06:09pm
Easty

Re: Best Color for Dynamic 4 Door Evoque

Ordered a grey dynamic and planning to get a dark ti wrap on the roof. So thats my choice.
21-12-2012 10:23pm