Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery cover
ojonesyo

RE: Battery cover

(16-12-2012 12:29pm)mark_n Wrote:  I lost two when I first removed the battery cover. Impossible to retrieve even if I knew where they went. Now replaced.

I think the manual says special tools are required to replace the battery which may be more to do with the battery monitoring hardware than the physical replacement. As for what's involved, I do not know, I expect Halfords will not want to touch them and the "official" LR battery will be "reassuringly expensive".

Re: Charging the battery. Is the clamping on of a trickle charger to the battery going to upset the car's elaborate charging system? Re: Changing the battery......I have to assume that the large alloy engine bay stiffener/cross beam must have to be unbolted to change the battery? I cannot imagine the battery can be slid out from underneath it. Looks like a big job though I hope I will not need to change the battery for many years. My 8 year old Mercedes SLK was recently sold with its original battery in good order. I know the SLK had far less in terms of electronics systems, but that battery did have to power the folding roof hydraulic pump, plus heated seats and heated airscarf neck heaters, etc.

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
16-12-2012 08:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

I'm thinking I might stick my optimate trickle charger on mine for a day before I go back offshore as the eco stop/start has not cut in once in the last 2 1/2 weeks but then again pretty much every journey has had heated seats/wheel on. Problem is you can't lock the car without closing the bonnet on the cable

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
16-12-2012 08:45pm
QUEEVO

Battery cover

Yeah I have hard wired a ctek panel mount socket to the battery for this purpose.

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
17-12-2012 07:39am
Missymaxine

Hi, apologies if this has already been covered, but I've spent hours looking for an answer to my question but no luck!
I had to take off my battery cover to help a neighbour in distress, and so took off the clips (lost two of them), but I can't get them back on!
How do you put back these clips? Common sense tells me there's a trick to these oddly shaped clips. Can anyone help?
26-04-2015 11:03am
dynamicgirl

Hi there Maxine, you have to pull the top part of the battery clip (the bit with the sort of cross on it) up as far as it will go away from the bottom part of the clip. Then you pop it the bottom bit into the hole and push the top bit down again (you may also need to turn it to tighten it) and lock it into place. Hope this helps.

You can buy them on EBay too, (just search for Evoque battery clips) if you need to replace them. Cable ties will do until you get new ones.

Paula Smile

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 11:22am by dynamicgirl.)
26-04-2015 11:21am
Missymaxine

Thank you Paula! Yes, it helps so much!! I couldn't even find that info in the vehicle handbook, so it's priceless!
I didn't want to set off on a motorway journey without the cover on so thanks so much for taking the time to respond Very Happy

The neighbour took them off so I didn't see how they worked, just in case you thought I was a bit dim
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2015 11:46am by Missymaxine.)
26-04-2015 11:35am
dynamicgirl

No worries Maxine! That's what the forum is here for! Glad it helped you out, ..you helped your neighbour out, so just paying it back a little!

Paula Very Happy x

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
26-04-2015 12:07pm