Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Barolo is here at last!
homerdog

RE: Barolo is here at last!

Thanks everybody!

Will get more pics up later this week. Did 150 miles in it yesterday on a mixture of roads, very impressed so far. The only thing I'm not keen on is the auto box, seems to hunt around a bit unless you're very gentle with the throttle.

A new tax disc holder is definitely a priority!
02-03-2013 11:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SINGHY

That's a common problem with the ageing auto box on the Evoque which is why I bought the manual.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
03-03-2013 01:40am
homerdog

Just given it a quick wash and I'm not very please about the amount of scratches and holograms on the paint, but will have to see what the dealer says about them. I'm not sure if the holograms are caused by the factory or dealer, can't really imagine why either would need to machine polish it when brand new! There is also a small chip/dent on the bonnet and a chip in the headlight cover - no doubt the dealer will claim this happened in my ownership and I have no way of proving otherwise...

Anyway, a couple of pics I took when the sun came out; it's hard to show the colour properly, but it looks completely different in the sunshine!

[Image: evoque4_zps49f7c967.jpg]

[Image: evoque2_zps58e2da1c.jpg]

[Image: evoque3_zps466b23ef.jpg]
03-03-2013 05:03pm
RacingSnake

Looks good
well, the "28th" pic and the last pic above look good... the others look like they've been 'HDR'd to sh*t. Laughing

I too had a small chip in the bonnet at delivery, and whilst the dealer fixed it, they did it as "goodwill gesture", suggesting I did it, but they'll fix it.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:21pm by RacingSnake.)
03-03-2013 06:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
homerdog

I was messing about with my camera trying to get the colour to show, not great I admit!
03-03-2013 06:41pm
JohnM

Thanks for posting & trying to show the flake pop, have seen your posting on Pistonheads Thumbs Up
03-03-2013 08:19pm