Barolo black autobiography getechniq and waxed

[/php]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-02-2015 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MartinP

RE: Barolo black autobiography getechniq and waxed

That looks fantastic Hiltonig!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
16-02-2015 09:13pm
jitenc

Hi.
Car looks superb.
Where did you get yours treated?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
17-02-2015 06:28am
Redrob

Now that's a car, that will never see a £5 wash down the local supermarket.
How do you find the Getechniq finish against the likes of Supergard etc?

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
17-02-2015 10:21pm
Hiltonig

(17-02-2015 10:21pm)Redrob Wrote:  Now that's a car, that will never see a £5 wash down the local supermarket.
How do you find the Getechniq finish against the likes of Supergard etc?

Well I tried super guard many moons ago, what a waste of money. The secret is the fact they machine polish the swirls out before the coating, then put two layers of exoV2 onto of that and the water beading is excellent. I did put a layer of wax on top to finish off.

As its a black car I wanted it looking the best and no way will I be visiting the Eastern European car washes. !
18-02-2015 07:12am
m_101

Hiltonig if you don't mind me asking how much did a gtechniq treatment cost you?
I'm looking to get mine done soon before my sister's wedding.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
18-02-2015 09:38pm
Hiltonig

Well it cost 475, this was for C1 sealant, 2 coats of exo v2, seats treated ( very important as they are a light colour ) , wheels sealed with c4, windows sealant, and a first stage machine polish to de swirl
19-02-2015 08:43am
m_101

wow that's a lot but also a lot of stuff done! Certainly looks amazing. I might need to think about that.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
20-02-2015 09:22pm
Evo-king

Hiltonig wrote.

Well I tried super guard many moons ago, what a waste of money. The secret is the fact they machine polish the swirls out before the coating, then put two layers of exoV2 onto of that and the water beading is excellent. I did put a layer of wax on top to finish off.

As its a black car I wanted it looking the best and no way will I be visiting the Eastern European car washes. !

This has been proven on more than one occasion, those of us who are really fussy about these thing, mainly Black Car owners, the brand new car will leave the dealers with swirls galore, hence many of us ask for a Detailer to do his work at the dealership.

Lovely car by the way.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-02-2015 06:35pm
PhilSkill

Well done for choosing gTechniq It looks great, I'd choose Rob and his products anytime, but you put Wax on top of ExoV2 ?, ExoV2 is the best Finish out there, it wont do any harm, just wax will attract dust and dirt which the Exo would have tried to repel, anyway the wax will disappear soon enough, the Exo will still be going strong, No wax can match it! Mines Running C1 and Exo V1, and will finally need a re-coat this year and will get ExoV2 after 2 years.

If you feel you need or want to add some topping after a wash, get gTechniq C2v3, spray on and wipe after washing no need to dry first like wax.

Anyway looks great!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-02-2015 01:36pm