Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back Seat and Kids
Craig_d1

Back Seat and Kids

I was wondering how everyone is finding their cars that have small kids?

My 4 yrs old loves it as long as long as he can sit in the front. My 2 yrs old though doesn't, as even in the car seat he can't see out the rear windows. It hasn't been that bad for short journeys as he plays with an ipod touch or reads a book, but we went on an hour or so and he started to get upset and complain every minute or so that he couldn't see out.

Now considering not upgrading my pure to a dynamic later as although I love it, if my family doesn't, it'd be a bit selfish of me to get it and have them upset in the back.

Does anyone know of car seats that sit high so kids can see out? Anyone else having problems?
03-12-2011 03:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cobkelly

RE: Back Seat and Kids

Hi Craig, I have twin girls that will be two in February and we took a four hour trip last Sunday, and then back again on Monday and they were fine and could see out the windows ok. We use the Maxi Cosi Tobi cars seats so they are quite high up anyway, but they were chattering away about the horses, bikes etc that they were seeing out of the windows. Oh, and they love the pano roof...
03-12-2011 04:10pm
Craig_d1

Thanks for that. Think a trip down to Mothercare in order tomorrowSmile
03-12-2011 05:05pm
DDX

Back Seat and Kids

Craig is yours a coupe or 5dr?

The Tobi is known to be on of the higher ones but I've already got the priorifix for my 18 month old and my 3 year old.

I'm hoping they can see out of the 5dr with the priorifix otherwise it will be hell

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
03-12-2011 05:35pm
Evoqess

Wow Craig - I do recall a thread a while back speculating that the Evoque was not the best vehicle for the wee ones. Someone offered the opinion that they might be ok looking up through the panoramic roof or be pacified by the rear entertainment screens! Clearly not.

But I guess the Evoque cannot be all things to all people. No doubt your little ones would be happier in a mini-van hey? ("people carrier").
The Evoque then must be kept for the debt burdened juniors, the collectors of cool cars and the hip mid age women. Wink
Good luck with some seat boosters!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
03-12-2011 10:52pm
Craig_d1

Got the 5 door. Got a maxi cosi isofix in theD4, which I haven't tried yet as the back seats don't show the isofix attachments, and I'd have to push the bars through the leather to attach them.
Using a Brittax in the Evoque, which seems quite high, but obviously not high enough. Will try swapping with the maxi cosi in the morning. Think my sister in law has the priorifix, so will pop round tomorrow and try that. Will let you know.
If I can't find a seat that's high enough I'm going to have a very hard choice to make at some point....
03-12-2011 11:03pm
ChuckieB

Which one of these three are you then Evoquess?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
03-12-2011 11:04pm
Craig_d1

(03-12-2011 10:52pm)Evoqess Wrote:  Wow Craig - I do recall a thread a while back speculating that the Evoque was not the best vehicle for the wee ones. Someone offered the opinion that they might be ok looking up through the panoramic roof or be pacified by the rear entertainment screens! Clearly not.

But I guess the Evoque cannot be all things to all people. No doubt your little ones would be happier in a mini-van hey? ("people carrier").
The Evoque then must be kept for the debt burdened juniors, the collectors of cool cars and the hip mid age women. Wink
Good luck with some seat boosters!

Yeah, thought the pano roof would help, but as much as my 4 yrs old loves to open and shut it, during a trip it's quickly forgotten as not much to see looking up...then again not much to see when all you can see is a door...and only using the D4 for long trips defeats the object, as the evoque is the more nimble, smaller and more fuel efficient car....
03-12-2011 11:09pm
woodhouse

Got the same problem with our 4 year old, she just says "Daddy I cant see anything!" Looks like we will have to look at getting a higher car seat.
03-12-2011 11:23pm
alibeau

Our two are aged 8 and 5, they are tall for their age, youngest is still using a booster seat at the moment. If they are unhappy with the view from the back it's quite simple, they will have a swift lesson in how tough life can be, the car stays, the kids can go! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ali Very Happy
04-12-2011 12:00am