http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18250315

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
29-05-2012 05:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: BBC re Land Rover

Yes things picking p for them!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
29-05-2012 07:24pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lookers Park Royal

LPR live on 6 o'clock news...... Hopefully it will be repeated!

James Smile
29-05-2012 07:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It appears they have learned that if you build something people want, you'll sell it, build a heap of sh*t and nobody will buy it and JLR have certainly been down that route before now. Now to persuade the doubters that LR actually build quite reliable cars too........ that might be a harder nut to crack though as there are plenty of ex-Land Rover clients out there who not only had duff products but also unsympathetic or just plain useless service outlets,

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 07:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-05-2012 07:49pm
Belvoirbloke

(29-05-2012 07:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It appears they have learned that if you build something people want, you'll sell it, build a heap of sh*t and nobody will buy it and JLR have certainly been down that route before now. Now to persuade the doubters that LR actually build quite reliable cars too........ that might be a harder nut to crack though as there are plenty of ex-Land Rover clients out there who not only had duff products but also unsympathetic or just plain useless service outlets,

I guess the big, big increases are China and India and Brazil etc ... those buyers are probably not so aware of the turbulent past. The new richer people just see the glamourous image attached to Land/Range Rover.
In my area here, a big farming community, many own LR/RRs some of them quite old, the unreliability issue doesn’t put them off. I think for them it’s true capability that matters.

lover’s tiff over Razz
29-05-2012 08:15pm
THEMACS

JLR Profits Rise 34%

Good article on BBC Business website re the latest financial results of JLR.

Great News for our Economy in the UK and a Big Congratulations to them!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
29-05-2012 09:01pm
Evo-king

The report mentions JLR UK as its biggest market with 60,000+ sales, up 3.2%.

I thought that the Evoque had UK orders in the region of 60k, something doesn't add up, unless orders are not in this equation, and sold Evoque units are some way bellow that figure.

But even so, with a new model like the Evoque coming on stream I would have thought 3.2% increase was rather low, but then again I'm not a LR number cruncher.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-05-2012 09:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34%

Ratan Tata will be getting a nice bonus then this year, and a new FFRR company car as well!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 08:36am by XFullFatTim.)
30-05-2012 08:36am
Belvoirbloke

RE: BBC re Land Rover / JLR profits rise 34%

Funnily enough I always said I would only go to India on holiday if I could do it and see it from an air-conditioned Range Rover .. maybe more possible than I thought !!

lover’s tiff over Razz
30-05-2012 08:50am