Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BAS remap interface SD4 190bhp to 150bhp eco tune ?
Westy

RE: BAS remap interface SD4 190bhp to 150bhp eco tune ?

It is interesting you mention that.

I had been quite happy with the power delivery of my 150 and then I had some uk travelling to do back in feb with some work colleagues of mine, admittedly the engine only had about 2000 miles but once loaded with four adults and luggage was a very different car and I noticed about "the witches thingys too", flat and running out of breath as the revs climbed higher, as you have suggested the engine was probably developed for around 190-200 and then they created some mapping versions around this to make the most of their r&d. I have known when working with trucks that sometimes the higher powered version for the same given weight load offers better mpg and that is why many truck operators are doing the same thing.

As you know in many cases as you have suggested the engines actually run sweeter.

Great post.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
13-12-2012 09:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Thanks for your feedback Westy, its nice to read the same feeling i had and its not just me going crazy lol.

As you say, a lot of truck companys are now "mapping" upto the next bhp lever to get more power and is most cases more mpg simply because the driver does not need to thrash the engine as much due to the new power figure.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
13-12-2012 09:59am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(12-12-2012 09:39pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  It was a OEM 150bhp map I forced onto my own 190bhp car so the outcome was official so to speak. I know one thing, it will be OFF tomorrow Smile

The 190 when tuned is nice, still very smothly delivered, not to much, not twitch type power delivery, Basiclly just eniough of a gain to make the car better overall. It wont turn it into a rocket ship but the gain is worth it, Infact the gain is way more noticible on a manual where the "connection" of the engine and gearbox is better whereas the auto because its viscous it takes a little feeling away or soaks up some of the power due to the way the torque converter works.

Thats another thing im actually now kicking my self for, i should of really got the manual for my driving style as i now after all the testing on all of the models in the range actually prefer the manual overall Sad

Pete

Good to hear, the Manual is excellent.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 10:03am
Westy

To be fair to you when you study the torque figures of the 150 against the 190 on a dyno plot you can see the torque off the 150 dying off once it has reached it's peak.

I notice with yours the torque stays strong through the range which as you know is just what is needed.

Hopefully people will now see why many of us (my opinion) don't like the boxes. I have posted before in support of your early work and posts and having a box on a previous car that was horrible which ever setting it was on, yes it gave a power increase but with no change to boost control and other parameters it was an accident waiting to happen. The car I had had no re map option so I went with the box, run it for two months, then sold it on eBay for a quarter of the price. NEVER AGAIN.

The total overview of all parameters is the only way to go for smooth reliable power delivery

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
13-12-2012 10:08am
bell-auto-services

Hi

As you say tuning boxes cant ever deliver the level of adjustment a remap can offer in respect of a taylored map changing peramiters exactly as planned, as you say with my remap the torque can with in reason be what I request it to be.

Here is a picture I have just made showing one of the torque request maps for the 150bhp, it has in RED over the top of it the changes you would get on a 190 in the OEM position, as seen from the map the higher rpm ranges are most different as we have all now found just from driving the different cars Confused

You can see from the scaling on the map I have created the relevent gear the car would be in V the rpm of the car.
I have removed some other information that is sencitive to my tuning as im not wanting to give things away publclly to othe tuners on map addresses and maps identifyed etc as over a years work aint cheap Sad, though note on the left side you will see 3/103, this means im showing you the 3rd map out of the 103 I actually modify to make the remap of the car.

Pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:05pm by bell-auto-services.)
13-12-2012 09:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Ooh, philskill is going to love this graph ! Wink

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-12-2012 09:05pm
bell-auto-services

hehe

Here is another picture showing the first change point at 2750 rpm in 1st gear, this shows and explains why the 150 and 190 cars round town at slow speeds feel the same.

Pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:13pm by bell-auto-services.)
13-12-2012 09:07pm
PhilSkill

I do like a good graph cjfp! Laughing

And that's a very interesting one!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 09:33pm