Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Avoiding the LRA call out to the long term car park after your holidays
eddkawasaki

RE: Avoiding the LRA call out to the long term car park after your holidays

I have left mine with a solar trickle charger attached while I’m offshore for 3 weeks. I got the 2.4w one from maplins as it was reduced to the same price as the smaller one. My only issue is the charger cable only just reaches to the front seat so I've left it on there.

Only a week or so to go now and I will find out how it has survived.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
25-11-2012 08:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ianpembs

(30-11-2011 09:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Rapidly flattening batteries on cars left in the long term car park at the airport or airport hotel have been a built in feature of modern Land and Range Rovers for the last 2-3 years........ especially after your winter holiday in the sun when you get back at 3am to a car covered in rime or snow. As I have to leave my cars for up to 3 months without them getting a run I now have a Maplin £20 solar panel powered trickle charger that solves the problem, plugs into the rear socket in the boot

Dont think this works as I found that rear socket turns of when car locked I tried to recharge a phone here but as soon as you lock car the recharge light goes out so may not be able to recharge with solar panel when car locks.
26-11-2012 08:47pm
PhilSkill

I'd heard that there is a bit of a small issue with the Quiescent current in the RRE, and its in the range of 200-250mA, so if we took worst case of 250mA, and an example 150Ah battery (anyone know what the RRE battery is? or can be bothered to open the bonnet and read it...) this would last 25 days from fully charged to completely flat with the car turned off, reality likely to be less than that , and less stil till you're in a can't start situation.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2013 03:36pm
eddkawasaki

I guess I will find out on thursday night when I get home mine has been sat unused since thursday 20th of december. it survived the last trip with the solar charger but i read that the my13 shuts of the rear 12v outlet so did not bother connecting it this time away.

I'll probably put the trickle charger on it overnight on thursday just to be on the safe side but ill post up if anything untoward happens.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
08-01-2013 03:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

After a month sitting outside in the frost my road tester reports it started first push of the starter button, no nasty warnings on the info panel so the battery must be up to the right charge level with the panel plugged into the rear socket

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-01-2013 12:14pm