Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic headlamps and high beam assist
Koidream

Is there a possibility to adjust the sensitivity of the automatic headlamps, because, in my opinion, they switch on "late".
I also took the High beam assist as an option. Untill now, the automatic high beam worked twice for only a few seconds. In my opinion, there are places where it is dark enough to have the HBA switched on, but it has to be real dark before they switch on automatically.
My question is, can it be adjusted and make it a bit more responsive?

Anyone else with the same experience?

I hope my English is understandable Wink

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
21-08-2015 02:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Automatic headlamps and high beam assist

I find the headlights come on too much, shadow of a tree or building on a bright day is enough for them to come on unnecessarily given we have bright DRL's already.

I dont have HBA so cant comment, but no adjustment that I know of.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-08-2015 04:13pm
LaserTam

was going to say same as Phil re the lights coming on too early in my view. Whether a technician can adjust, not sure, but dont think we can.

I dont have HBA either

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
21-08-2015 08:38pm
Stadt Panzer

I have HBA and find it works well within its spec, there are always going to be times when it doesn't come on, it doesn't like red lights for example and times when it needs to be off, crest of a hill with a truck coming towards you.

But no we can not adjust either, Auto Headlights or HBA. Not sure Land Rover could either.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
21-08-2015 11:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had HBA on my last Evoque and found that it could get confused quite easily especially if I decided that it needed to dip sooner for on coming traffic. After that it kind of reverted to manual moded and had to be reset to make it operate properly. I remember in the early days of Evoque people complained a lot that the automatic on was delaying switching on the headlights until it was too dark. Seems like there is no happy medium TBH I would sooner they came on too early than too late, even with very bright DRLs I still believe in being seen. I'm looking forward to getting my Defender back on Tuesday and trying out the LED headlights I've had fitted they also have a DRL function and are supposed to be even brighter than BiXenons....... I'm sure that I will no doubt get a few flashed headlights from oncoming cars but I hope now I have overcome the issue of my LED sidelights being brighter than the OEM Halogen headlights!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 02:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-08-2015 02:56pm
AndyFrance

I had HBA added to my order, but last week I cancelled it, and replaced it with the chrome treads, only so they didn’t lose any commission. I don’t think it would be suitable where I live, driving at night along unlit roads and tracks. If it switched off at a wrong moment it could be dangerous.

I do feel sorry for the dealer, he’s really earned his money dealing with me. It’s verging on embarrassing as I have honestly lost count of how many times I’ve changed the order and bothered him in the process.

That aside, he’s done blooming well out of me, as each time it has been an increase in price. I believe the waiting time for delivery works in favour of LR as you’re tempted by the higher up model’s and the add-ons......I well and truly fell for it. The order has now been locked in, but during the changeable period, the cost to me has risen by €17000..........Anyone interested in Crowd Funding?
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 10:44am by AndyFrance.)
24-09-2015 10:34am
carcamusa

Hi, for three months the High-beam assistant does not work well.
The vehicle changes into short light a very short distance from the car that goes in the opposite direction.
What could be the problem????
Regards
28-02-2017 02:58am
Donny Dog

(28-02-2017 02:58am)carcamusa Wrote:  Hi, for three months the High-beam assistant does not work well.
The vehicle changes into short light a very short distance from the car that goes in the opposite direction.
What could be the problem????
Regards

Something partially obstructing the sensor? If it worked OK before, and still works in the sense of turning dipped beam on, the sensor must be being deceived somehow or otherwise is faulty. On my car (5 years old) it still works perfectly and I wouldn't be without it.
28-02-2017 09:36am
carcamusa

Where is the sensor ????
02-03-2017 01:24am
Stadt Panzer

Top centre of the windscreen

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-03-2017 03:58pm