Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Placed A Provisional Order.
The Valeter

Placed A Provisional Order.

Last week I paid a deposit on an Evoque, provisional as a couple of hurdles need to be jumped over first! though hopefully will all pan out as we wish & the idea is to also book the build/delivery slot which I want for the 1st of March 2012. I have also not 100% decided on the exact engine choice or colour but I have been told that as we are talking March the spec can be changed for a while yet.

Currently being a Freelander 2HSE driver (amongst others) & FL2 is for sale I am not a lover of the sound of a diesel engine & the minute I heard a petrol Evoque was coming I got really interested.
I drove the Si4 Dynamic on an Unleashed event in early September & it was excellent but can't help thinking that a sports model should be a manual or at least have that option hence why on Saturday I test drove an SD4 Manual which was also very good & certainly a lot sportier, more nimble to drive/handle than my FL2 manual, still I guess you can use the paddles on the column on the auto.

What I have ordered is an Si4 Dynamic Lux - 5 door in Firenze Red, upgraded Shaddow Chrome alloys, Privacy glass.

What do others think of this spec?

Other choice is the same but in Fuji White.

I intend to go & drive both the above engine variants again in the hope that my mind from that perspective can be made up!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 10:55pm by The Valeter.)
05-10-2011 10:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc

RE: Placed A Provisional Order.

Dynamic Lux is certainly a popular choice, and there are a few of us who are opting for the Si4 too. The Firenze club is gradually growing in numbers too - some very good pictures of the colour in MIB's Today's the day thread, and also Ant's Evoque thread.

I certainly preferred the Si4 and am going with that myself - I just felt it was more lively than the Diesel and more fun. I've always had manual cars before, but having the option of perma-command shift with the paddles in Sport mode means you can still retain a fair amount of control over the box for when you want it. I've tried to restrain myself on the options side of things so just picked out Keyless entry and the Pano roof rather than the whole Lux pack, but if you will regularly have passengers then there's plenty of stuff in there that will be handy.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
06-10-2011 07:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(06-10-2011 07:17am)simonc Wrote:  Dynamic Lux is certainly a popular choice, and there are a few of us who are opting for the Si4 too. The Firenze club is gradually growing in numbers too - some very good pictures of the colour in MIB's Today's the day thread, and also Ant's Evoque thread.

I certainly preferred the Si4 and am going with that myself - I just felt it was more lively than the Diesel and more fun. I've always had manual cars before, but having the option of perma-command shift with the paddles in Sport mode means you can still retain a fair amount of control over the box for when you want it. I've tried to restrain myself on the options side of things so just picked out Keyless entry and the Pano roof rather than the whole Lux pack, but if you will regularly have passengers then there's plenty of stuff in there that will be handy.

Thanks for that post, you have probably pointed out what I had always thought/wanted in that the 240BHP petrol would be much more fun/lively which is exactly what I am after which sound wise you won't get with a diesel.

As for the "LUX" pack I had already sumised this & the dealers again confirmed what I had thought & that is if you are going to get any options you are better off paying for the LUX pack as the pack becomes a model diriative "Dynamic Lux" & therefore features in the CAP/Glasses value guides so when you come to sell it it shows the original list price as a Dynamic Lux & not just a Dynamic so will get a higher price. The dealer also said the LUX versions will be far more sought after!!

I have also chosen the Ebony headlining & the black oak (Piano black) dash finisher.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
06-10-2011 09:30am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

I was in your dilemma when placing my order. We eventually went for the sd4 over the si4. Purely because of economy and we had a baby on the way. Thinking diesel would be in the long run cheaper to run. No regrets with ours but think the si4 would be a great choice. Eco is probably not that big of an issue unless you drive lots and it's long distance driving. Si4 power is fun fun fun. As for the gear box. Auto all the way for me. Always had manual cars, rx8. Type r. And love changing down and being in control. But trust me. The paddles are good once you get used to them and the comfort of auto is amazing.
08-10-2011 12:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply