Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autocar Magazine
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Autocar Magazine

Next Wednesday Autocar has it's "first test" of an Evoque - this isn't a full test but it will be interesting to read. This week they had a first test of the lastest version of the Jag XF with the 2.2ltr engine that Evque gets and the 8 speed autobox that FFRR has but Evoque won't get Sad Verdict - the car is perfect, almost silent on the move and almost inaudible stopped (and it is silent when the stop/start cuts in) and most definitely a Jaguar - deliveries start in September. It also gets 800 iles out of a tankful of derv - 52.3 mpg on the Combined Cycle! Makes me wonder if this is the drive train that the 2WD Evoque will be getting. Only one thing the 2.2 engine in the Jag is mounted fore and aft in Evoque it will be transverse

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2011 04:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-03-2011 04:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

RE: Autocar Magazine

Autocar sometimes do this. Put the story on the web site a few days before it goes in the magazine.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/Firs...29/256303/

They only seem to be commenting MagneRide adaptive dampers versions....... they like it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 01:45pm
XFullFatTim

Will be interesting to read/ see what Top Gear Team has to say when they get hold of it - "too bling for a Range Rover" I suspect, but at least it cannot be branded as a drug baron's special like the Sport was!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2011 02:29pm
Kermit

(31-03-2011 01:45pm)Blackseries Wrote:  http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/Firs...29/256303/

Love the look of the black grill contrasted with the white body. I wonder how much a grill would cost? Have one of each to swap for when the mood suits.
31-03-2011 02:49pm
vision*R

It's not an additional cost. You'll have to order the Dynamic version to get a black grill.
Or were you planning to get it as a spare part?
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 03:18pm by vision*R.)
31-03-2011 03:17pm
Kermit

(31-03-2011 03:17pm)vision*R Wrote:  Or were you planning to get it as a spare part?

I was thinking of it as a spare part. Have one of each colour. My current preference is a Prestige in either green or lime, or maybe white with some Zebra stripes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteredin/3...otostream/
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 03:55pm by Kermit.)
31-03-2011 03:51pm
XFullFatTim

(31-03-2011 03:51pm)Kermit Wrote:  I was thinking of it as a spare part. Have one of each colour. My current preference is a Prestige in either green or lime, or maybe white with some Zebra stripes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteredin/3...otostream/

Well I used to have 2 spare grilles for my RRS TDv8 - one was the all grey one that came with the 1st RRS I had (an SE but it went wearing a Supercharged chrome effect grille) and an HST grille. They are only palstic and once the bonnet is opened can be snapped in and out very easily and quickly so changing to the grille from a Prestige to a black Dynamic one is just a case of asking your friendly LR Dealer's spares section or even shopping on Fleabay for a pre-owned one, and painting it black if it isn't already black

BTW the Colima Lime Dynamic with the Santorini Contrast roof and black wheels that there are pictures of from the Geneva Motorshow looks a lovely car, but with the matching green roof I don't like it.

(This post was last modified: 31-03-2011 04:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
31-03-2011 04:07pm
Blackseries

(31-03-2011 04:07pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  BTW the Colima Lime Dynamic with the Santorini Contrast roof and black wheels that there are pictures of from the Geneva Motorshow looks a lovely car, but with the matching green roof I don't like it.

I agree... the black roof seems to really make the Colima car (all the factory cars had them). A black roof transforms a Firenze car too - it may be a small amount of paint but it makes a big difference - and because the car is so much lower than a regular RR - you see it!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
31-03-2011 04:19pm
Kermit

(31-03-2011 04:07pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  changing to the grille from a Prestige to a black Dynamic one is just a case of asking your friendly LR Dealer's spares section or even shopping on Fleabay for a pre-owned one, and painting it black if it isn't already black

That's what I was thinking. As the Prestige comes with the bright finish grill, I think the lighter colours, like lime and white, would look better with a dark grill.
31-03-2011 04:19pm
strt8118

Some more 'first drives' ...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Sear...AR-review/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...riven.html

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/land-...en-2011-03
31-03-2011 07:30pm