Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autocar Exclusive Test
Urban Splash

RE: Autocar Exclusive Test

Presumably Land Rover will have some paint samples to help us choose colour. I was under the impression quite a few of the colour choices are unique to Evoque.

My personal opinion is that the Evoque suits a colour that will stand out! That grey looks rather boring....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-02-2011 09:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think the only colour in the palete that Land Rover hasn't used by another name is the "Kermit" Green shade, Colina Lime, not really a colour that will appeal to more traditional Land Rover/Range Rover owners!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2011 12:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-02-2011 12:08pm
cjfp

(19-02-2011 09:17am)Urban Splash Wrote:  Presumably Land Rover will have some paint samples to help us choose colour. I was under the impression quite a few of the colour choices are unique to Evoque.

My personal opinion is that the Evoque suits a colour that will stand out! That grey looks rather boring....
again though, sometimes it is hard to get the full look and feel from those swatches.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-02-2011 12:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(19-02-2011 12:27pm)cjfp Wrote:  again though, sometimes it is hard to get the full look and feel from those swatches.

Too right, I nearly ordered an Atacama Sand RRS, rapidly changed my mind after I had been on the factory Home of the Legend day out and saw one on the production line.................. phew , close call that one, the colour swatches on line and in the dealership made it look like Ipanema Sand under showroom lights, in fact it was more metallic Primrose.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2011 05:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-02-2011 02:04pm
Urban Splash

Can't go wrong with White! Bet they will charge for it though!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-02-2011 03:18pm
Royle

Usually white is free as it's a base colour. I really like white on some cars (Including the Evoque) but when they get older they're less desirable. I wish you could get Bali Blue Purple. That would have been my first choice, then it would be Santorini/Barolo Black.
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2011 03:34pm by Royle.)
19-02-2011 03:33pm
Kermit

(19-02-2011 12:08pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I think the only colour in the palete that Land Rover hasn't used by another name is the "Kermit" Green shade, Colina Lime, not really a colour that will appeal to more traditional Land Rover/Range Rover owners!

Not really Kermit Green either. Natural, ie non-LR press release, photos and videos show it as more yellow than green.
04-04-2011 06:05am