Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Heated Screens at 4c..?
couplands

Auto Heated Screens at 4c..?

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere ( cant find it), just point me at the post if so Embarrassed

On my Disco4 the front & rear heated screens come on automatically at 4c or below.

My Evoque Sd4 does not do this. I cant find a setting to enable it.

Is there such a setting..? If so where..? Or is this not a feature on the Evoque..?

cheers

simon
12-12-2016 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Auto Heated Screens at 4c..?

MY RRS also switches on the screen and mirror heaters automatically at 4C. I never found a switch on either of my Evoques but the mirrors used to heat automatically. I haven't owned an Evoque for 2 years now but is there a button labelled MAX on the heater controls? On the RRS it is above the buttons for the front and rear heated screens. Sorry I cannot answer your question about Evoques!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-12-2016 11:22am
A1GSS

Mine (2016) has a setting for this in the menus. So it might be a feature of the later cars?

RR Evoque 2.0 SE Tech Auto, Loire Blue
Gone: D3 TDV6 Auto, Stornoway, much missed
Gone: FFRR TDV8 Auto, Stornoway, not missed a bit
12-12-2016 11:35am
couplands

It could be, ours is a 2015 model.

A friend has a 2016 Disco Sport and has a menu option too.

I'll just have to push the buttons myself...
12-12-2016 12:28pm
xz4

My MY16 Dynamic Lux does this too. I think it's a feature from MY16 on.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
12-12-2016 02:21pm
Steve D

(12-12-2016 12:28pm)couplands Wrote:  I'll just have to push the buttons myself...

It's just getting more and more complicated to operate a car these days..........Laughing

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
12-12-2016 02:33pm
couplands

(12-12-2016 02:33pm)Steve D Wrote:  It's just getting more and more complicated to operate a car these days..........Laughing
I know, what is the world coming too, I'll have to turn the steering wheel next...Wink

cheers

simon
12-12-2016 03:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My 2015MY RRS has the worst possible idea for switching the front seat heaters on..... press a button on the dash, that opens a page on the touch screen, press the temperature setting you want, exit screen............... and you have to take your eyes off the road to do all this. There were so many complaints about this stupid system that 2016MY on went back to the old system of just pressing the centre of the climate control temperature rotary knob, so much easier and you don't need to look away from the road to do it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 10:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-12-2016 10:19pm
couplands

(12-12-2016 10:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  My 2015MY RRS has the worst possible idea for switching the front seat heaters on..... press a button on the dash, that opens a page on the touch screen, press the temperature setting you want, exit screen............... and you have to take your eyes off the road to do all this. There were so many complaints about this stupid system that 2016MY on went back to the old system of just pressing the centre of the climate control temperature rotary knob, so much easier and you don't need to look away from the road to do it!
I think this is symptomatic of Land Rover these days, they just love making stuff very complicated ( I guess so they can drive high margin "option" sales).

For me, this is going a long way from the Land Rover ethos...shame really and I cant see me buying any more LR products while this trend continues.

But thanks for the help on my question (which is ironic when I'm complaining about too much complex stuff..Wink

cheers

simon
12-12-2016 11:47pm