Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Auto Gearbox - Gear Changing - SD4
Spiderman

RE: Auto Gearbox - Gear Changing - SD4

Claud, on page 2 it states the gearbox has a Torque capacity of 450Nm, is this the gearboxes limit or just what the manufacturer has decided it should be set at?

I only ask because there is an aftermarket Tuning box from TDI-Diesel that increases the Torque to 525Nm & I was away to order it when I noticed this thread, so I am now wondering if this would result in the gearbox being over strained and if so then surely this box will result in gearbox damage?

It is worth noting that a few on this Forum have already fitted this box to their Evoques and one even states they have completed 5k miles with only good news to performance and mpg gains.

Can you or anyone else shed any light on this please....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 11:44am by Spiderman.)
14-03-2012 11:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

RE: Auto Gearbox - Gear Changing - SD4

I would expect the Torque limit would be a conservative limit set for longevity of the gearbox. Jaguar/ Land Rover fit an 8 speed box for their larger engines now. It is already in the Jaguar XF 2.2 SD4 powered car.

The area of modifications to the engine brings about warranty issue with JLR who have clamped down with tighter wording in the warranties and guidance to dealers.

I suggest you Contact Bell Auto Services who post on here as they have done a lot of development work on the Diesel Evoque engine. Also see the Modifications section of the forum if you haven't done so already.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
14-03-2012 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply