Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Carwashes
m_101

RE: Auto Carwashes

wow. I thought I was good giving mine a once a week spray with the power washer!
just kidding - I know some people are way more into having their cars look great than me. I don't have the time, but wish I did.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 09:45pm by m_101.)
02-02-2015 09:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

(01-02-2015 07:00pm)Kojak Wrote:  I can't imagine thats true but...

It is, happened to at least one member here.

My Evoque hasn't been washed for over 3 months, to much snow & ice here Laughing

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
04-02-2015 12:00pm
The Valeter

Havn't used an automatic car wash since around 1984. Would never even dream of taking it to the Eastern European drug money scratch "o" matic rubbish either.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-02-2015 11:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
genericd

Auto Carwashes

(04-02-2015 11:04pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Havn't used an automatic car wash since around 1984. Would never even dream of taking it to the Eastern European drug money scratch "o" matic rubbish either.

Wow. Nice. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hard working people of all backgrounds that run perfectly legitimate car wash businesses. Not really any need for that.
05-02-2015 02:22am
sorcerer

I would certainly never take my car through a whirly wash!
There are a few really good hand car wash sites around me, but I don't trust the products they use so I never visit them.
My daughter gets her Fiesta washed by them and to be fair they do a good job. Its the longer term effect I worry about, as they rush around with cars queuing up to be washed.
05-02-2015 11:34am
The Valeter

(05-02-2015 02:22am)genericd Wrote:  Wow. Nice. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hard working people of all backgrounds that run perfectly legitimate car wash businesses. Not really any need for that.

Possibly but only possibly. Go into one of those scratch o matic places then go & complain about the service afterwards for example if your car gets scratched, dented, items stolen etc & see what response you get. I have heard so many stories from so many people about these very subjects & usually a big burly bod comes out & denies everything & threats etc are made!!
Plus they have a serious negative effect on legitimate mobile services such as me cos folk think everyone can do a valet for £5.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-02-2015 09:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DVFlyer

A new car wash opened some years ago and the owner allowed people to walk through to view how safe the wash brushes were for car finishes. He pointed out the soft bristles, soap etc... All I saw were little bits of dirt and debris embedded in the brushes. That was enough for me to avoid those places.

I use a waterless washmist on my Evoque. It was suggested and demonstrated to me by my detailer. I put CQuartz on my Evoque and this was his suggestion as the best way to keep the finish in the best condition.

I'm not sure it works any better than a two bucket system but it works well.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
06-02-2015 03:21pm
Gjh0702

(06-02-2015 03:21pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  A new car wash opened some years ago and the owner allowed people to walk through to view how safe the wash brushes were for car finishes. He pointed out the soft bristles, soap etc... All I saw were little bits of dirt and debris embedded in the brushes. That was enough for me to avoid those places.

I use a waterless washmist on my Evoque. It was suggested and demonstrated to me by my detailer. I put CQuartz on my Evoque and this was his suggestion as the best way to keep the finish in the best condition.

I'm not sure it works any better than a two bucket system but it works well.

Please 'expand' on 'Waterless wash mit' never heard of be would keen to hear anything that is simple to clean car without leaving 'damage'
Thanks

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
07-02-2015 09:49am
Gary pa28

I used to go to the local hand Car wash who did a good job until I sat there next in line and watched as they thru the sponge back at the bucket of dirty water, missed and it landed in the mud dirt ETC , and just picked it up and was about to put it in when I got out and insisted he threw it on the grass so I knew it wouldn't be used ,
But how many times before me has that happened

Don't go there anymore , I know have a karcher and snow foam and for a quick wash when I can't be bothered setting up ,I have an 18 LTR hand preasuerised water carier on wheels ,bucket and wool mitt
07-02-2015 05:52pm
Gjh0702

I don't use 'cheap' Carwash facilities as frighted of the mess they will make- son already had alloy's 'eaten' by wheel acid .
Normally wash car myself but cannot at present- finding it almost impossible to find a 'decent' alternative - had one quote to wash my car every other week £27 each time !!!!
Must be an 'opening' for a decent car cleaning service say £12/£15 per 'wash /dry' - any recommendations North Merseyside please let me know

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
07-02-2015 09:42pm