Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Carwashes
gw76

Auto Carwashes

Was there something about Dynamic spoilers getting ripped off in auto car washes, or do people routinely use them without problem?
01-02-2015 05:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: Auto Carwashes

I can't imagine thats true but...
What are you thinking man?
Stay away from those awful things.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
01-02-2015 07:00pm
genericd

Auto Carwashes

I always use the touch less washes in the winter. No way to wash the car otherwise when it's -30. Never had a problem with any vehicle including the dynamic
01-02-2015 07:09pm
KaDargo

Just spent the day washing ( two buckets), polish (AG), and then collinite 915 wax on top - never been near a car wash in 3 years, still looks like new !!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
01-02-2015 08:20pm
LaserTam

Never go near the things - automatic or the hand wash places - just needs a couple of bits of grit to be picked up and rubbed into your paintwork....

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
01-02-2015 08:27pm
genericd

Auto Carwashes

Better things to do with my time to be honest. I've had plenty of cars in my time and spent God knows how many hours handwashing and waxing them. And when I came to sell did it make any difference to the price? Nope. Each to their own though of course
01-02-2015 08:34pm
bee

(01-02-2015 08:34pm)genericd Wrote:  Better things to do with my time to be honest. I've had plenty of cars in my time and spent God knows how many hours handwashing and waxing them. And when I came to sell did it make any difference to the price? Nope. Each to their own though of course

same here -mini valet once a month and local European handwash as required. always nice n clean.Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
01-02-2015 08:45pm
mstraka

Where I live there is a chain of a high tech auto carwash that does a very good job. I thought I would never take any car I owned to a auto wash but this one is exceptional. I was given a trial membership when I bought my Evoque new. I now have a monthly pass that reduces the cost if you use it frequently, in my case two to three times a week for the last two years. All that I do is wipe down any small amounts of water that is missed by the auto dry and vacume the interior. Applied paint conditioners and tire gloss have great results. The only problem is the lines of customers due to its popularity.
02-02-2015 02:29pm
morey000

(02-02-2015 02:29pm)mstraka Wrote:  ... two to three times a week for the last two years....

Wow! You keep a clean car.
02-02-2015 05:04pm
Redrob

Twice a week depending on how dirty it is, washed, dried and then AG SRP followed by AG EGP then a coat of Collinite 476S, wheels a coat of Rim wax, tyres AG tyre shine, and I keep a sray rapid detailer in the boot.
Got a touch of CDO, which is OCD but in the correct order. Wink

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
02-02-2015 05:39pm