Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian servicing costs
hapsta

Australian servicing costs

Just wondering if anybody has enquired about the servicing costs of the Evoque in Australia?
Booked in for a test drive on the 27th of this month and cant wait but told Range Rover servicing costs are horrendous.
Thanks in advance

Si4 Pure Coupe, Auto, Colima Lime, 20 Inch Style 8 Wheels, Cirrus Interior, Powered Tailgate, Pure Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Rear Bucket Seats, Powerfold Mirrors, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, Front Parking Aid, Rear Camera, Spare Set 19 inch Style 4 Wheels.
17-01-2012 11:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RonnieNavani

RE: Australian servicing costs

No idea...

But keen to find out and keen to know how often does the Evoque needs a service?

My Wife's Evoque came with a dealer 12,000km service reminder sticker stuck on the windscreen.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
17-01-2012 01:02pm
Millotte

I read somewhere the other day the service interval is 15000klms. I think it was in the current issue of wheels magazine.

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 01:55pm by Millotte.)
17-01-2012 01:55pm
MPK

I remember being told to expect it being over $500 for the first non-free service.

IN regards to the intervals, I've also read on another thread that in Europe at least the servicing intervals are 16000 miles, which is approx 25000 km. This would be consistent with other RR and LR vehicles.... http://www.landrover.com/au/en/rr/owners...intenance/

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
17-01-2012 07:42pm
mnd

Mine has a 13k / 6 month sticker. Dealer told me about $1000 per annum consisting of a cheaper minor and then major service at 12 months / 26k. The service manual though just says 26k and 12 months.
17-01-2012 10:30pm
DefLeppard

Servicing is every 26,000kms or 12 months.

My very helpful dealer told me the smaller "minor" services in between is what some dealers will try and sell you on that you need - essentially so they can still make money on servicing! And are not part of the necessary/recommended servicing.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
17-01-2012 10:59pm
mnd

(17-01-2012 10:59pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  Servicing is every 26,000kms or 12 months.

My very helpful dealer told me the smaller "minor" services in between is what some dealers will try and sell you on that you need - essentially so they can still make money on servicing! And are not part of the necessary/recommended servicing.

Fine by me when you get 3-year free servicing thrown in Smile

But yeah, sounds a bit dodgy although i am a bit of a fan of 'over servicing' between recommendations, especially turbo charged cars.
17-01-2012 11:21pm
DefLeppard

Hi Mnd,

I too get free servicing (corporate purchase) however was told this only includes free recommended service intervals e.g. the 26,000.

I was told the minor services were not included, but I could pay for them if i wanted them. Which I won't - because 26,000km will be every 6mths for me anyway, no need to get it serviced more often than that.

Hopefully your dealer is confused and will give you the free minor services as well Smile

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
17-01-2012 11:31pm
mnd

(17-01-2012 11:31pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  Hopefully your dealer is confused and will give you the free minor services as well Smile

Yeah hopefully. They didn't mention anything about paying for it. Fingers crossed Smile
17-01-2012 11:46pm
Barneyridge

Would be interested to see what the actual difference is between a minor and regular log book service. I assume a minor service would be just an oil change.

I do about 20K per year, so for me it is one service a year.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
18-01-2012 04:59am