Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
occlusion

RE: Australian Deliveries

Thanks Evoque U,
I read somewhere on this forum that the Diesel auto is a bit sluggish from standing start, and may need sometimes to get use to. I order SD4 Dynamic auto because of the LCT, the SI would push the price higher over A$100,000!
20" or 24" wheels , aren't they too big? Could affect driving performance of the car?
Still waiting the call for test drive.......and hope only good news.

Dynamic 5 dr SD4 Auto, Firenze Red,Vortex, Pano Roof,20" style 6 wheels, Dynamic Tech Pack ,Park Assit, Surround Cam, Dual views, Adaptive Xenon, Keyless Entry.
01-11-2011 12:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

As long as the Auto SD4 takes off instantaneously without any momentary pause, like some DSG VW products i have driven, then i'll be happy.
My sisters got a nice Audi Q5 3 litre TDI with DSG auto, and it has this very annoying pause on instant throttle take-off. This cars got a great powerful engine that can do 0-100kph in 6.5 secs, but it's a bit dodgy at junctions,where you might need to take off fast.
I'm glad the Evoque's got a traditional Auto, so i hope it takes off instantaneous, like it should.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
01-11-2011 03:00pm
MPK

(01-11-2011 11:24am)Capital Wrote:  How did you go with your dealer? Hopefully for you you got the news you were looking for.

I was so buried with work and didn't get a chance to call the dealer....no excuse i know!

I am looking to visit the dealer this afternoon and if all the planets are aligned, i might even see one in person and get the good news on delivery!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
01-11-2011 08:38pm
Evoqess

(01-11-2011 03:00pm)benzina Wrote:  As long as the Auto SD4 takes off instantaneously without any momentary pause, like some DSG VW products i have driven, then i'll be happy.
My sisters got a nice Audi Q5 3 litre TDI with DSG auto, and it has this very annoying pause on instant throttle take-off. This cars got a great powerful engine that can do 0-100kph in 6.5 secs, but it's a bit dodgy at junctions,where you might need to take off fast.
I'm glad the Evoque's got a traditional Auto, so i hope it takes off instantaneous, like it should.

Me too Benzina. Coming from a VW DSG, then a more ferocious 270hp Audi TTS with a 5 sec 0-100km, it sometimes felt that I wasn't moving for the first half second then whoosh. Of course both vehicles had launch control but I didn't want to use that at an urban intersection lol.
Know you'll love your car. Thumbs Up

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-11-2011 10:08pm
MPK

Hi all,

Mine has gone into build and have a factory complete date of 15/11/11.
Hope its smooth sailing from here.

Cheers,
MPK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
03-11-2011 01:03am
Capital

(03-11-2011 01:03am)MPK Wrote:  Hi all,

Mine has gone into build and have a factory complete date of 15/11/11.
Hope its smooth sailing from here.

Cheers,
MPK

Good news MPK. Very Happy
03-11-2011 01:06am
chiggy

Australian Deliveries

After discussing deliveries with my dealer say before yesterday, it seems we don't have the delays that the Uk does. I'm assuming thats because each region is allocated a certain number of build spots.

But I asked my dealer if I should expect disappointment given the delays, he said that the delays affecting the orders in the UK doesn't have anything to do with our orders. Australia is allocated a certain number of build slots and we have experienced any delays and aren't likely to for the next 2 months.

However now that the demos have arrived, LR is expecting an influx of orders.

Kinda glad I got mine in. I was told feb/march and well... At the moment it's still estimated to be Feb!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
05-11-2011 11:46am
chiggy

Well just got a call from the dealer saying its been delayed for a month to mid March-ish. Fun times.

Any bets on it being delayed till April in about 2 weeks?

Has anyone in AUS received theirs?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-11-2011 06:25am
DT_Sanchez

Just ordered mine today. Land Rover had sent an email to dealers stating that anyone purchasing Evoques for November order flow should expect approx 6 mth waits.

I then went for another test drive and the Sales Manager then said that another email had arrived from LR stating that any Evoques ordered for Nov 11 could be met by Dec/Jan.

They asked me if I wanted a 2011 build and I said that I could wait for the 2012.

Fuji White Dynamic TD4 | Style 5 19" Rims | Pano Roof | Park Assist | Auto Tail Gate | Rear Cam
11-11-2011 06:59am
chiggy

so cars that were expected in November 11 - could arrive by Dec/Jan?

When is yours expected in that case?

11-11-2011 07:07am