Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
occlusion

RE: Australian Deliveries

Cancelled my Order today after 4 months of waiting and the car is here in Sydney, but I couldn't get a fair change over price . I was expecting LR Trivett Sydney at least tried harder to negotiate and settle the difference! But they are not giving a cent of discount, so beware !
Right from the beginning I had mentioned about the trade in, and was assured that i would be looked after. Learned a lesson, never never buy a car without knowing a final cost.
So for now I am keeping my old car. Very disappointed with Trivett LR Sydney.
Good luck to you all.
07-01-2012 01:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

Really sad to hear about that!

I'm hoping I don't have to trade my car in, that would be a nightmare and I can only assume I'm going to get close to $8k less than the private price I'm selling it for. That would be a kick in the butt, unfortunately my love for the car is greater than my common sense and somehow I feel I will get the car no matter what.

I wish I had your sense of... well, common sense, OCCLUSION.

Sorry to hear about it though!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
07-01-2012 05:13pm
spif888

(07-01-2012 01:45pm)occlusion Wrote:  Cancelled my Order today after 4 months of waiting and the car is here in Sydney, but I couldn't get a fair change over price . I was expecting LR Trivett Sydney at least tried harder to negotiate and settle the difference! But they are not giving a cent of discount, so beware !
Right from the beginning I had mentioned about the trade in, and was assured that i would be looked after. Learned a lesson, never never buy a car without knowing a final cost.
Good luck to you all.
Sorry to hear about what happened at Trivetts.

No consolation but I knew that I had to try and sell my Freelander 2 privately. Dealers will screw you every time you try and trade in a car for a new one. Not only are they making money on selling you the new car but they feel it's their devine right to make money by under valuing your trade in. I got at least $6000 more by selling my Td4 through carsales.

Good luck

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
07-01-2012 08:07pm
Biker

At least the LR salesman in Newcastle was honest with me and said it would be best if I sell my car privately as I will loose a lot of money trading it in with them.
Probably would have been a different story if it wasn't for the Evoques practically selling themselves.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
07-01-2012 08:57pm
DefLeppard

(07-01-2012 01:45pm)occlusion Wrote:  Cancelled my Order today after 4 months of waiting and the car is here in Sydney, but I couldn't get a fair change over price . I was expecting LR Trivett Sydney at least tried harder to negotiate and settle the difference! But they are not giving a cent of discount, so beware !
Good luck to you all.

Hi Occlusion,

What a bummer. Did you try to sell on Carsales.com.au. As other reply's have stated you can get significantly more selling privately.
Eg my last sale 2 years ago.
2007 Mitsubishi Outlander VRX with 80,000km
Best dealer offer $21,000 (lowest was $16,000)
Private sale in one week for $29,000.

What did you have for sale (e.g. make , model , year, kms) and what did the dealer offer?

And most importantly - did they give you all/some of your deposit back?

I never believe a single word car dealers tell me. Unfortunately once they have your order, they have you by the short and curlys. In normal car buying situations , as you said, I always get the change over price up front. But with the Evoque being a 3-6 month wait, no dealer will lock in a trade in price for longer than 4 weeks.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
08-01-2012 01:06am
occlusion

I had tried to sell privately through Carsales, but its Festive season.A few enquiries, but they were interstates. I am waiting for the full deposit refund $ 3000.
Thanks .
PS Just to clear up the situation. It was a difference of $3300 in change over . As I had not even asked for a discount from day one , naively thinking they would compromise and negotiate to split the difference ( $1650 ) , but nothing .....from Trivett!
Very disappointing with such a big company, not even a discount of $1650 from a $ 99850 car price.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 12:51pm by occlusion.)
08-01-2012 12:37pm
DefLeppard

(08-01-2012 12:37pm)occlusion Wrote:  I had tried to sell privately through Carsales, but its Festive season.A few enquiries, but they were interstates. I am waiting for the full deposit refund $ 3000.
Thanks .
PS Just to clear up the situation. It was a difference of $3300 in change over . As I had not even asked for a discount from day one , naively thinking they would compromise and negotiate to split the difference ( $1650 ) , but nothing .....from Trivett!
Very disappointing with such a big company, not even a discount of $1650 from a $ 99850 car price.

Would be interested to hear the outcome of that - if you actually get your whole deposit back. Let us know.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
08-01-2012 11:40pm
spif888

(08-01-2012 12:37pm)occlusion Wrote:  I had tried to sell privately through Carsales, but its Festive season.A few enquiries, but they were interstates. I am waiting for the full deposit refund $ 3000.
Thanks .

Hi Occulsion

Out of curiosity, was there any negotiation on the dealer delivery charges? Depending on the dealership, the fine (fee) to ensure your car is clean and ready for road use, can be $4000.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
08-01-2012 11:53pm
occlusion

Hi , still early day yet. Only cacelled last saturday. When I piad deposit with 2 conditions 1) depends on test drive
2) trade in price as well
Both on the signed contract
09-01-2012 01:48pm
benzina

(28-12-2011 03:47am)chiggy Wrote:  Any news benzina? Has yours appeared on topix?

FINALLY YES...on TOPIX!!! See my post # 14 in this thread..... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-VIN-Topix...?pid=33388

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
11-01-2012 01:27pm