Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio questions
andyuk

Audio questions

Hi there just a couple of Q's regarding the audio system.

1. Will the stereo recognise Apple Lossless files via a USB drive or do I have to convert them to the lower bit rate MP3?

2. If you copy a CD to the hard drive does it save it as the same quality as a CD or will the hard drive compress the songs to lower quality MP3's?

Thanks
Andy

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
06-01-2012 09:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Audio questions

Look in the in car electronics section for lots of info on the audio

1. No, MP3, WMA
2. Yes, direct copy thats why only 10 CD's

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-01-2012 11:06am
andyuk

Thanks!

I don't have the booklet yet as my car goes to build next week!

Andy

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
06-01-2012 09:11pm
gomark

Audio questions

I've loaded my iTunes library onto a USB drive. Just locate the sound files on your PC / Mac and then copy them across onto the USB. No converting necessary. The file / folder structure remains the way that the tracks are sorted. Only downside is you don't have playlists. Much better sound than through Bluetooth.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 11:14pm by gomark.)
06-01-2012 11:14pm
andyuk

Yes but I import all my songs to ITunes using Apple Lossless as I prefer the quality rather than importing as standard mp3's but most devices don't support Apple Lossless unless it's an Apple device.

06-01-2012 11:46pm
Trax

I use lossless cd's onto iTunes, then onto an ipod! It works a treat. Sounds great using good quality recordings through the great sound system.

Dynamic Auto SD4 Coupe in Fuji.
07-01-2012 12:26am
gomark

Audio questions

(06-01-2012 11:46pm)andyuk Wrote:  Yes but I import all my songs to ITunes using Apple Lossless as I prefer the quality rather than importing as standard mp3's but most devices don't support Apple Lossless unless it's an Apple device.

Most of my library is downloaded directly from the iTunes store so I believe is served up as lossless. Sure there are cheaper ways. Just lazy!

07-01-2012 03:08am
pugracer

(07-01-2012 03:08am)gomark Wrote:  Most of my library is downloaded directly from the iTunes store so I believe is served up as lossless. Sure there are cheaper ways. Just lazy!

If it's from iTunes store, it's 256kbps AAC. It's not lossless.

(06-01-2012 11:14pm)gomark Wrote:  I've loaded my iTunes library onto a USB drive. Just locate the sound files on your PC / Mac and then copy them across onto the USB. No converting necessary. The file / folder structure remains the way that the tracks are sorted. Only downside is you don't have playlists. Much better sound than through Bluetooth.

Sound from BT has the D/A conversion done in the iPhone. The BT link just replaces an analogue audio cable between iPhone and the stereo. Thus, the sound is worse than a USB connection.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 09:02am by pugracer.)
07-01-2012 08:59am