Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio and screen problems
Pepino

I have been having some problems with the Evoque screen and audio.
First problem started a couple of weeks ago. I would start the evoque and the screen wouldnt work at all. It was just off. IF i put the evoque in reverse the reverse camera will work, but as soon as I put it in drive the screen will go black.
Some times it does it some times it doesnt.
I tried turning the screen on and off and nothing happenned, I turned the car off and back on and nothing happened.

The second problem is that sometimes even when the screen is working, there is no audio at all. And the Audio/video button doesnt work. Every button works but that one.

Any one else with the same problem?
17-12-2011 09:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kofer

Try to pull out and paste voltage protector of 10 A and screen will start working.
18-12-2011 11:06am
dspralph

RE: Audio and screen problems

I have the same problem....
did you find the solution?

Dynamic Coupe/Fuji White/Pursuit
Every single option available expect Rear Seat Entertainment
Order--09/28 ETA--12/08
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 01:00am by dspralph.)
23-12-2011 01:00am
defender_uk

(17-12-2011 09:20pm)Pepino Wrote:  I have been having some problems with the Evoque screen and audio.
First problem started a couple of weeks ago. I would start the evoque and the screen wouldnt work at all. It was just off. IF i put the evoque in reverse the reverse camera will work, but as soon as I put it in drive the screen will go black.
Some times it does it some times it doesnt.
I tried turning the screen on and off and nothing happenned, I turned the car off and back on and nothing happened.

The second problem is that sometimes even when the screen is working, there is no audio at all. And the Audio/video button doesnt work. Every button works but that one.

Any one else with the same problem?

I would say...get it back to the dealer...there is a fault.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-12-2011 10:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I saw a notification on Topix about entertainment screen not starting up, think there's a software update, get it back to a dealer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-12-2011 11:58am
dspralph

Took my car to the dealer this morning, they say it might be the cable behind the screen....
I will update when I get it back.

There is a software update?

Dynamic Coupe/Fuji White/Pursuit
Every single option available expect Rear Seat Entertainment
Order--09/28 ETA--12/08
23-12-2011 04:13pm
DaveR

Mine did this yesterday, screen would not come (not even the reversing screen) sometimes it showed a white screen. Worked OK later after the car had been off for while and been OK since
23-12-2011 08:02pm
dandavis1

Mine did this once - would show reversing cam but nothing else. I restarted the engine and it's never done it since. Clearly a software issue.
20-01-2012 07:06pm
Meneldor

Same thing happened. Went to my dealer, they checked the tech bulletins, and installed a software update which should be fixing this and other problems "related to car body", as the manager said. Will check if it works later today.

Just for the info, I also had a problem with timed climate not starting from time to time, neither on time or via remote, and the manager says the same software update fixes it too.

RRE Coupe Prestige Auto SD4 w/ Adaptive Dynamics, Buckingham Blue w/ Panoramic, Element w/ Grey Oak, 20" Sparkle Silver Style 6, Dynamic & Prestige Tech Pack, 825w Audio, Dual-View, Blind Spot Monitoring, High Beam Assist
30-01-2012 12:08pm
EosMilan

Hello there!,
it seems that my car has a similar problem: it's a MY2012 5 doors 2.2 SD4 Dynamic. What happened? Suddenly the phone dropped my Bluetooth connection (with an iPhone 6) and it asked me to reconnnect. The "AUDIO/VIDEO" button stopped working and changed colour, switching to dark blue (aka not available). Parking sensors lost the audio signals and don't make any sound anymore. "MODE" button is not working, too.

"HOME" button brings me back to the main manu but everything else is not working, as you can see here (language is Italian):

[Image: Navi_01.jpg]

Indeed, if I click on "NAVI" button, the multimedia system asks me for the usual safety warning and loops on the "loading maps" screen, as you can see here..

[Image: Navi_02.jpg]

Does anybody here have any advice on how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks!,
Eos
05-12-2014 05:38pm