Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost sub woofer?
Clip

RE: Lost sub woofer?

Hmmm, seems there has been a spec change that RR has not bothered to tell anyone, including their dealers (at least in Australia). And the new spec has not made it onto the official web site or brochures yet either. Just as well they put all those disclaimers about changes without notification!

My dealer hasn't got back to me yet either (but to be honest, not expecting them to without me chasing them up at least 3 times anyway).

My now 10 speaker Meridian setup is great, very impressed with the staging, mid and high frequencies (although can be a little bright), but it is seriously missing bottom end. It sounds just like a system that was designed for a real sub, but the sub has been disconnected. The woofers in the door (that now respond to the "Sub level" control, just don't cut it. So looks like some more $$$$ on a sub install. I'm not too impressed to be honest.

Could someone confirm for me the location of the original sub please on a right hand drive vehicle? Is the sub under the right hand seat (drivers seat), or under the left hand seat? Reason I'm asking is I'm hoping there may be some wiring left there for the sub. A long shot, but never know your luck Smile
Thanks folks. If/when I hear back from my dealer, I'll post back with their info.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2015 11:50pm by Clip.)
16-05-2015 11:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

I had a fiddle today with the audio settings trying to get some decent sounding bottom end. What I ended up doing is trimming the BASS setting about -3 clicks from flat (centre setting). I then turned up the SUB setting +2-3 clicks from flat. This produced a much better sound, not so boomy. Settings should really be labelled MID and BASS, not BASS and SUB.

Anyway for those that have a new Australian MY15 build 10 speaker Meridian setup, it might pay to have a fiddle. I just noticed LR Australia are having a promo on the Pure model, offering the Pure Tech for no extra. Interestingly the first line in the upgraded specs list for the Pure Tech is the 11 Speaker Meridian audio upgrade! I might talk to my solicitor Smile
17-05-2015 08:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wagstafari

Hey Guys,

Can't confirm which setup I have (11 or 17) but I can confirm you'll def know if you have the sub. My system is cranking. I did twiddle the settings when I first got it as I like more bass, and I certainly get that. You can feel it through the seats, so if you have tweaked it with no results then you may have been swindled...

Wag.

MY13.5 Si4 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, Dark Tint, Verve Interior, Rear Camera, HDD Sat Nav, Keyless Entry, auto tailgate and 20" Gloss Black Style 6 shoes Smile
17-05-2015 11:15am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply