Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV
mark_n

Outright performance may not be what every Evoque user is looking for but up to now, the Evoque has been more powerful than the Q3. Not any more, Audi have announded the RS Q3 which has 310 bhp from a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre turbo, thats up 73 bhp on the Si4 and takes more than 1.5 seconds off the 0-60 time, down to just 5.5 seconds.

Later this year, the Porsche Macan will do even more in it's fastest guise.

I know many will say they still prefer the looks and interior and off road ability of the Evoque but LR's place in the sun will not last for ever and I certainly hope we will see a hot Evoque at some point.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-02-2013 05:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV

(20-02-2013 05:08pm)mark_n Wrote:  Outright performance may not be what every Evoque user is looking for but up to now, the Evoque has been more powerful than the Q3. Not any more, Audi have announded the RS Q3 which has 310 bhp from a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre turbo, thats up 73 bhp on the Si4 and takes more than 1.5 seconds off the 0-60 time, down to just 5.5 seconds.

I know many will say they still prefer the looks and interior and off road ability of the Evoque but LR's place in the sun will not last for ever and I certainly hope we will see a hot Evoque at some point.

Have no idea where people's heads are (actually I do) but I absolutely did not buy my Evoque because of its HP rating. And, outside of my country where it's not avail, I see the diesel selling very well. The Evoque is a very capable but also entertaining little gem. In So. California, famous for traffic jams, parking lot freeways and attentive police, there are thirteen LR dealers. And the market for Porsche and Ferrari here is huge. I see them every day on the 101 fwy going about 30mph. For me the Evoque is a perfect car for the 21st Century. More hp does not equal better unless you're rallying or racing.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
20-02-2013 06:08pm
Amadeus

It still looks ugly - there will always be someone who wants to go fast / faster. Why do SUVs need to be fast? I didn't want an SUV but Evie's looks just won me over so Audi will need to be more stylish in the future if it wants to win my business.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
20-02-2013 06:22pm
Lofty

I like fast cars for a weekend blast, but a SUV is for going shopping, taking the kid(s) to footie training etc etc.I do actually quite like the look of this hot Q3 but can't really see the point of it.I'd imagine its going to cost north of £40k??
20-02-2013 06:32pm
Teetree

A desperate plight of Audi s endeavour to save the ailing Q3 sales?! Unless their shape drastically changes with a character transplant it s unlikely to dissuade potential Evoquers??

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
20-02-2013 06:33pm
Madrunner

Did someone mention a hot Evoque ?

Dum de dum de dum de dum
20-02-2013 07:13pm
THEMACS

(20-02-2013 05:08pm)mark_n Wrote:  Outright performance may not be what every Evoque user is looking for but up to now, the Evoque has been more powerful than the Q3. Not any more, Audi have announded the RS Q3 which has 310 bhp from a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre turbo, thats up 73 bhp on the Si4 and takes more than 1.5 seconds off the 0-60 time, down to just 5.5 seconds.

Their new SQ5 is quicker than that at 5.1 to 60mph, so not sure why the Q3 sports version is being brought up now, the SQ5 is out now and has been known for a while, and I personally don't think the Q3 is a direct competitor of the Evoque, and anyone who values that performance over looking like a complete KNOB doesn't deserve to be registered with this forum!!Evil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-02-2013 09:21pm
Straydox

(20-02-2013 09:21pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Their new SQ5 is quicker than that at 5.1 to 60mph, so not sure why the Q3 sports version is being brought up now, the SQ5 is out now and has been known for a while, and I personally don't think the Q3 is a direct competitor of the Evoque, and anyone who values that performance over looking like a complete KNOB doesn't deserve to be registered with this forum!!Evil

The SQ5 is properly quick - and due to some clever exhaust trickery the V6 sounds like an hot V8 - have a listen with sound on - gorgeous noise.

I've paid a £500 deposit tonight and ordered one with a few toys (in that blue colour) - its roughly the same price as a SD4 Dynamic Lux and the Sports seats...only another 5 month long wait - end of July has been muted.

It's not as pretty as the Evoque by a considerable margin and the Q3 is just plain ugly (and very expensive to spec up too).

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-02-2013 09:54pm
THEMACS

(20-02-2013 09:54pm)Straydox Wrote:  The SQ5 is properly quick - and due to some clever exhaust trickery the V6 sounds like an hot V8 - have a listen with sound on - gorgeous noise.

I've paid a £500 deposit tonight and ordered one with a few toys (in that blue colour) - its roughly the same price as a SD4 Dynamic Lux and the Sports seats...only another 5 month long wait - end of July has been muted.

It's not as pretty as the Evoque by a considerable margin and the Q3 is just plain ugly (and very expensive to spec up too).

I don't mind the Q5 but the Q3 is an absolute dog and a complete waste of metal!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-02-2013 09:58pm
nishandf

The Dog's Dinner must go to the X1!!
Laughing
20-02-2013 10:06pm