Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At last progress! But what does it mean?
andyuk

At last progress! But what does it mean?

Hi there I had a call from my dealer today to say my order has now been placed in the 'submitted to build' section on his land rover order program.

My original build date was Dec 19th then it went back to Jan 20th then forward to Jan 13th. All sounds very promising but does anyone know what 'submitted to build' actually means in terms of when will it actually be built etc?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
19-12-2011 06:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: At last progress! But what does it mean?

Andy, my guess is that it has gone into build. Pity it doesn't specify if the 19th is the build date.

Look s like I'm the last Glos forum member to get his.

I'm a good 30 or so behind you.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-12-2011 07:01pm
Mike

Mine had a build date in Dec Very Happy then put back to mid Jan Sad and now it is end of Jan Sad, similar spec to yours so might mine come early.Confused:Confused:Confused:Confused::

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
19-12-2011 07:28pm
andyuk

My dealer said it has not actually gone in to build yet but have moved up into the 'Submitted to Build' section

Does anyone know how long it takes from going into this section to then actually being built?

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
19-12-2011 08:43pm
vision*R

In one or two weeks LR should confirm your build date. I'm guessing that will be January / February?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-12-2011 08:45pm
andyuk

No that would not be right as my dealer said it was excellent news that my order had come forward so my build date was Jan 13th so don't think the good news would mean an extra delay!

(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 08:56pm by andyuk.)
19-12-2011 08:56pm
vision*R

Strange, it seems each dealer defines "submitted", "build date", "delivery date" etc. slightly differently.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-12-2011 09:21pm
andyuk

So does anyone know what 'submitted to order' actually means & how long from this to actual build?

20-12-2011 10:14pm
Straydox

(20-12-2011 10:14pm)andyuk Wrote:  So does anyone know what 'submitted to order' actually means & how long from this to actual build?

Generically in automotive vehicle assemby terms this is the commit point for the manufacturing process to start rolling. It varies from brand to brand but is typically the start of a 4-6 week process where all of the components to build the customers car are called off from the suppliers - remember that LR will be sequencing the arrival of the major assemblies/components, track-side, needed to build your car to within probably 60 minutes or less.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-12-2011 10:41pm
andyuk

Ok so should go to actual build very soon! My original build date was this week before the delays so maybe mine will be what they originally stated!

20-12-2011 11:13pm