Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arrived! Fuji 5dr Dynamic - comments and pic attached
j7david

Arrived! Fuji 5dr Dynamic - comments and pic attached

My Dynamic arrived this week after a 5.5-month wait (which I guess isn’t too bad, considering that I changed from Pure to Dynamic spec in Oct/Nov and it only delayed my build date by a week).

It’s fantastic.

5dr / Fuji / Ebony headlining / Verve (red/black) interior / 19” Style 4 / Pano roof / Heated steering wheel / Privacy glass / Adaptive xenon / Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres

I’ve only done 350 miles so far, but a few notes:

Good stuff:
  • I changed from Pure to Dynamic mainly for the magneride suspension after back-to-back test driving a Prestige and a Dynamic, and it’s fantastic. It really deals well with standard UK (bad) road surfaces.
  • I never imagined I’d use the “dynamic mode” stiffer suspension (just not my style of driving), but actually this weekend I’ve been using it loads; it makes the car handle beautifully going along A-roads at 50-60mph through twisty sections with no body roll at all.
  • The seats are really comfortable
  • The seat heating heats your back as well as your buttocks
  • Two baby car sets plus an adult fit comfortably in the back
  • The auto box is really smooth and is nicer than the “S-tronic” 7-speed DSG box that I had on my Audi A3.
  • The built-in trip computer said I acheived 41.6mpg on a 130 mile trip Chester-Gloucester, essentially sitting at the speed limit all the way on A-roads around the Welsh border. This is much better than I’d expected after reading the complaints about achieved MPG, and knowing that the engine is brand new.
  • The adaptive xenon lights are fantastic, not just on wide sweeping lanes but also around town.
  • Everyone loves the panoramic roof

Not so good stuff:
  • The “mood lighting” is essentially invisible, even on max brightness
  • Have to connect Bluetooth THEN USB audio to play iPhone audio over cable instead of over bluetooth (for higher quality).
  • The satnav isn’t as good as the Navigon one on my iPhone.
  • I can’t find anywhere vaguely secure to prop up my iPhone.
  • The puddle lamps might be pretty, but they’d be much more useful if they were mounted under the doors like they were in my Audi, so they actually illuminate puddles you’re about to step out into, instead of under the wing mirrors where they just illuminate the pavement on the other side of the door that you can’t actually see.
  • The touchscreen is pretty slow to respond to input.
  • The satnav comes up with some warning about it being dangerous, to which you have to click “Accept,” every single time you use it! (And today I was doing a voice command to navigate to a postcode, eventually got through the three stages of entering the command, only to be told “satnav warning not yet accepted, abandoning navigation.”
  • The heated front windscreen wires are a little distracting at night, making oncoming headlights into stars

Random notes:
  • You don’t need to sit with the engine running to play with the electronics; you can do an electric ignition only by pressing and holding the start/stop button.

I’ve included a photo of it defrosting in the sun.

[Image: IMG_8967.jpg]
15-01-2012 10:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: Arrived! Fuji 5dr Dynamic - comments and pic attached

Congratulations, looks great.

I may see you as I'm around Chester quite a bit...will give you a flash!!!

Did you get from LR Chester? What was your experience like?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
15-01-2012 10:35pm
ChuckieB

Some useful feedback and a very valid point about the puddle lamps. Enjoy it!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
15-01-2012 10:35pm
LDT

Looking good! Great feedback.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
15-01-2012 11:08pm
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
15-01-2012 11:57pm
QUATTROMAN

Well done and enjoy it.
Your comments are valid (pros and cons) and to the point that I thought I had written your post.
Just gotta luv the Dynamic in 'angry mode'
nice colour by the way !Laughing

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
16-01-2012 12:38am
The Valeter

Looks very nice. What made you downgrade (technically) to the 19" wheels? Was it future tyre costs? That said I was thinking of doing the same & as it is a downgrade I don't suppose they give a discount giving that if you do an upgrade you get charged more?

I was looking at the brochure today & was looking at those 19" wheels.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
16-01-2012 12:47am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

Congrats! She's a beauty!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-01-2012 04:57am
PhilSkill

Looks very Familiar Very Happy just not the red seats!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-01-2012 10:52pm
j7david

(16-01-2012 12:47am)The Valeter Wrote:  Looks very nice. What made you downgrade (technically) to the 19" wheels? Was it future tyre costs? That said I was thinking of doing the same & as it is a downgrade I don't suppose they give a discount giving that if you do an upgrade you get charged more?

I was looking at the brochure today & was looking at those 19" wheels.

Mainly wanting the best ride quality available, with secondary things being availability of winter tyres, my wife not destroying alloys on pavements, and that personally I think I prefer the look of bigger tyres on a 4x4 vehicle.

No discount available.
19-01-2012 09:50am