Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are my Dash Cam installation problems actually Evoque electrical issues?
JustinDOzone

Are my Dash Cam installation problems actually Evoque electrical issues?

Installing a Blackvue 900S-2CG camera system in my 2017 HSE Dynamic and am having a strange problem. I first used my multimeter to try and identify switched and unswitched circuits at the fuse box, however every fuse I tested showed 11.5 - 12.8VDC with the ignition off. What's up with that?

I abandoned the multimeter approach and used the owners manual fuse box legend and real world verification to choose which circuits to use. I fuse tapped the 15A window washer circuit (F38) for the switched / Accessory side of the Power Manager Pro, and the Passive Entry circuit (F17) for the unswitched / battery side.

Now the PMP LED remains lit whether the ignition is on or off and regardless of whether the PMP switch is on or off. I think this suggests that both circuits I tapped are unswitched and always have power to them (even though the windshield washer does not operate with the ignition off). Also, when I plug the camera into the PMP the camera's in-line fuse blows.

Is the Evoque wired so that the all circuits are powered at all times at the fuse box and the switched circuits are powered off somewhere downstream of the fuse box when the ignition is off? Makes no sense but have to ask given the circumstances!

FYI - the PMP is a parking mode battery saver type accessory that allows you to enable and disable parking mode manually via the PMP power switch. It also provides automatic programmable control that will disable parking mode after a set time has elapsed and/or when the battery falls to a predetermined voltage level.

BTW - why do you suppose Range Rover opted not to provide "dash cam capability" using the front and rear cameras already in place?
21-06-2018 07:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Are my Dash Cam installation problems actually Evoque electrical issues?

Jaguar Land Rover aren’t very competent when it comes to modern electronic systems so don’t expect too much from them! It’s usually the frustrated owners or dealers that end up sorting out woes that should have been fixed before launch.
I don’t know of any car maker that has managed to integrate the front and rear cams into a dash cam system - it is really an obvious thing to do especially as the car’s come with a reversing cam and many of them have roadsign recognition, lane keeping and autonomous emergency braking that all need a front facing camera. Having said that I have never felt the need to have a dash cam on a car.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-06-2018 09:13am
PhilSkill

RE: Are my Dash Cam installation problems actually Evoque electrical issues?

You have to wait 3-5 minutes for most circuits to power down. Use the accessory/cigarette lighter socket @ 20A

Although I bought a PMP, I bypassed and went straight for a Cellink Neo seperate Battery.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-06-2018 07:13pm