Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
April Build Date!
ApeelinZ

RE: April Build Date!

I also have an April 27th build date...although mine is not scheduled to be delivered until June. I will definately be tracking that ship when it sails...

2012 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic Si4, 5dr Orkney Grey, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, Adaptive Dynamics, on standard 19" Style 3 wheels.
15-04-2012 03:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dndbrokers

We had a March 23 build date... Delivery for May 8
Taking delivery April 18...

Three weeks early
15-04-2012 04:39pm
Mudi1

(09-03-2012 11:26pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I've received a verbal confirmation only of build and delivery date, nothing in writing.

I read somewhere on hear a letter from Hq at Halesford, that orders were first come, first served, whilst I know that all dealers have an allocated monthly of orders to put in, I hope in your case you get the verbal delivery date from your dealer (you should do, if he has hardly any evoque orders), but on average those of us that ordered Oct & Nov 11 in the Uk have had or are having a 6-7 month wait.

I would ask your dealer the number of their allocation for build each month and what number you are in the dealers queue. (my dealer is allocated 13-15 per month, I was their order number 101, hence expected 6 month wait).

One dealer on this forum states that some dealers are giving false early build dates and then delaying them, I hope this is not so in your case.
15-04-2012 11:12pm
BTS18

(15-04-2012 11:12pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  I read somewhere on hear a letter from Hq at Halesford, that orders were first come, first served, whilst I know that all dealers have an allocated monthly of orders to put in, I hope in your case you get the verbal delivery date from your dealer (you should do, if he has hardly any evoque orders), but on average those of us that ordered Oct & Nov 11 in the Uk have had or are having a 6-7 month wait.

I would ask your dealer the number of their allocation for build each month and what number you are in the dealers queue. (my dealer is allocated 13-15 per month, I was their order number 101, hence expected 6 month wait).

One dealer on this forum states that some dealers are giving false early build dates and then delaying them, I hope this is not so in your case.

I believe there are unscrupulous dealers out there that will give false dates to get the order, and then keep pushing the date back. I also believe some dealers will allow 'queue jumping' to get a sale. I rang several dealerships prior to placing my order. After ordering my car through 'Westover' Christchurch another dealership did call me to offer a cancelation slot that would have jumped me up the list by several months.......I declined.

As of last week, I have been told I am now number 1 on the list for cars going to build. My build date has just come forward to 21st April. I hope by this time next week I will have a VIN and will check TOPIX. If not I will be asking questions. I will let you know what hppens.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 11:30pm by BTS18.)
15-04-2012 11:28pm
Mudi1

(15-04-2012 11:28pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I believe there are unscrupulous dealers out there that will give false dates to get the order, and then keep pushing the date back. I also believe some dealers will allow 'queue jumping' to get a sale. I rang several dealerships prior to placing my order. After ordering my car through 'Westover' Christchurch another dealership did call me to offer a cancelation slot that would have jumped me up the list by several months.......I declined.

As of last week, I have been told I am now number 1 on the list for cars going to build. My build date has just come forward to 21st April. I hope by this time next week I will have a VIN and will check TOPIX. If not I will be asking questions. I will let you know what hppens.

Perhaps I should have been more thorough when ordering as you have been, then I wouldn't have been waiting so long. Glad you know your stuff and are No1. Well done.
15-04-2012 11:40pm
LDT

I really believe that any cancelled orders should not be offered to new buyers, but move those already ordered up the order chain. That to me would be fairer. However, I can see why dealers choose to offer cancelled orders to potential buyers, in that they are putting forward an option that would be hard to resist.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
16-04-2012 12:05am
Mudi1

(16-04-2012 12:05am)LDT Wrote:  I really believe that any cancelled orders should not be offered to new buyers, but move those already ordered up the order chain. That to me would be fairer. However, I can see why dealers choose to offer cancelled orders to potential buyers, in that they are putting forward an option that would be hard to resist.

I agree. So it was noble of BS318 to refuse the one he was offered then, wasn't it?
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:12am by Mudi1.)
16-04-2012 12:10am
LDT

It would be human nature to take the best available build slot, whatever the circumstances. Most would take a cancelled build slot if offered. My point was that dealerships are acting unprofessionally in not allocating vehicles in strict order sequence, in not moving existing orders forward.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
16-04-2012 12:19am
item

Hi,
I think a cancelled order is not a problem with evoque ( maybe with zastava)
For dealer, it s a opportuny to sell another car fastly for VIP Wink
I agree fully with bts18

I am in this situation....since october 2011 and just know build date for juin 2012 :s

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:43am by item.)
16-04-2012 12:41am
Mudi1

(16-04-2012 12:19am)LDT Wrote:  It would be human nature to take the best available build slot, whatever the circumstances. Most would take a cancelled build slot if offered. My point was that dealerships are acting unprofessionally in not allocating vehicles in strict order sequence, in not moving existing orders forward.

Agreed, totally unprofessional. My dealer said some people are not fussed about the wait, they have new RR's on a whim, whilst others cancel because they don't want to wait that long, so the dealer can make the choice of pushing up the queue or putting a new order in. (some on this forum's orders have been brought forward).

If he/she is honest from the start and given those on order correct assumptions as to build time, we with the long wait know no different.

Conclusion for me would be to ask for a cancellation slot next time round, now knowing what i know, as I am greedy and want it now! Not noble at all, ha.
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 08:37am by Mudi1.)
16-04-2012 08:35am