Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery Changed
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Battery Changed

To me it appears that NO BMS software testbedding was done - this is one of those things that car makers take for granted will work and over the millions of miles that the prototype cars drove it probably never reared it's head as those cars were never parked up for a couple of weeks at a time, never left with boot/doors open for an hour etc etc - these are the sorts of issues that drive car makes around the twist as it is only when the poor customer drives the vehicle in real life day to day situations rather than in testing conditions that they show up. What is truly infuriating about the BMS issue is that in 2010 when the face lifted RRS, Disco4 and the face lifted L322 FFRR went on sale a lot of owners suffered exactly the same issues...................... in fact so many customers suffered the battery flattening issue that LR were forced to ask dealers to call in all the vehicles they had sold and offer the owners a "confidence" boosting free health check, valet of the car and new higher powered battery and BMS upgrade. Strange that the same offer has not been made to one single Evoque buyer since launch despite what must now be 1000"s of call outs to LRA to rejuvenate flat batteries and to dealers to update BMS software and replace the batteries of those cars with dodgy charging. So LR when are you going to offer owners of early Evoques some sort of confidence boosting offer like you offered in 2010 to D4,RRS and FFRR owners?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 01:05pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

what did they offer in 2010 to owners of other vehicles Tim?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
07-03-2014 06:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Take your car into the dealership, they ran a battery condition check, software upgrade, new heavy duty battery fitted and the car valeted IIRC. I had just taken delivery of a run out March 2010MY FFRR Vogue 3.6lt TDv8 which didn't suffer the battery problems of the October 2010MY cars and even then not all of the cars had the problem but enough customers created enough fuss for LR to have to do something about it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 07:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 07:42pm
PRing

Could the Poor Batery issue cause
no tail lights or head lights .I can hear the relay operating but no lights
Hazards /Indicators work fine .
18-01-2018 12:13pm