Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apple Carplay/Android Smartphone Pack
markbb99

Apple Carplay/Android Smartphone Pack

My 2017 Evoque went in for its 1 year service to Land Rover Nashville today. To fix some issues with the infortainment (InTouch Pro) it received the 18c Phase4 software update. All great.

Then i got a call asking if I wanted them to add Apple Carplay- for $469. Are you kidding me??!!! Looking at other places online I see many dealers offering this at no charge or at least for a minimal fee. To make matters worse when i picked up the car the sheet showed I had declined the Smartphone Pack that enabled Carplay - with a cost of $46.90. When I asked the service team they told me they had a "memo" that told them it was $469. 1000% markup seems excessive.

Has anyone else been offered this at such an outrageous cost?
16-11-2018 02:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Apple Carplay/Android Smartphone Pack

If you read the posts about this over on RRSport.co.uk in the L494 sections - http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic52254.html - you will see that it is meant to be a free update from Land Rover and also that even those who didn’t expect to get it when their cars went into the service bay came out with it anyway and at no charge. A lot of people don’t like it too. I have it in my Mini as part of the standard kit and find it really annoying that it makes itself the default screen when I get into the car with my phone in my pocket, I then have to navigate out of it and then select the car’s DAB radio to avoid using a mountain of data to listen to the free radio instead of streaming it over Tune-in

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2018 10:39am by XFullFatTim.)
16-11-2018 10:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply