Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone with a lower back injury
yupstr8up

Anyone with a lower back injury

Just a quick note, anyone who has had a back injury no matter how long ago, opt for the lumbar support in your specs if you can afford to.
My injury was in 1994 and has never bothered me when driving because i always had lumbar support in my cars but now, didn't think i'd need it so never got it in my evoque. Evertime i drive i get pain in my lower back and tops of my legs....spoils the pleasure of the carSad Big Cry but, i can get an after market support, bit ugly but its a necessity unfortunatly...oh well. Just a bit of advise.

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
25-07-2012 07:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Anyone with a lower back injury

Have to say I have been recovering from a recent back injury, and the Dynamic seats (with lumbar) are very supportive, although I always want more lumbar in any seat, I have no pain while driving. I have occassionally got a dead accelerator foot on longer journeys which i've never quite got the position/angle 100%.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-07-2012 08:34am
slee18

I had back surgery 6 years ago and I dont have a problem with mine. I dont have the dynamic seats but i do have lumbar support. I dont use the lumbar support unless im on a long drive. I sit pretty flat on the settings. There might be a slight till on the back to raise it a little because the seat pushes the back of the leg and that bothers my nerve damage.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
25-07-2012 08:15pm
Big Dave

I broke my back in 2006 and sold my previous vehicle because of an uncomfortable drivers seat. I went for the Dynamic Lux/Plus pack and do benefit from the sports seats.

One major breakthrough in driving comfort however came from a visit to a reflexologist who told me that I should never drive with the seat 'cupped' under the back of my knees. I had always in the past dipped the rear of the seat and raised the front but since setting it up as instructed (making sure I can get my hands under my knees when in my usual driving position) I have never had any issues.

It's certainly wort a try for a few days, feels odd at first but after a few miles you'll forget about it.

2.0 Si4 Dynamic 5Dr Auto, Fuji White, Lux Pack, Dynamic Plus Pack, 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys, etc etc etc
26-07-2012 05:56am
cousin.it

I've had a couple of lumbar surgeries myself and I haven't seen an issue so far with my Dynamic coupe. I've been worried not having an 8-way driver's seat would be more of a problem with my back but so far the 6-way seat has been fine.
26-07-2012 03:01pm
Vern

PhilSkill I have a problem with my foot position. Pretty well since getting my Dynamic I have had a sprained and swollen ancle. Can't seam to shake it off. I do a reasonable mileage so in the car a fair bit. was going to go to the Doc but maybe it is the Evoque causing the issue. Thought at one time it was the twisting motion getting out of the car that was causing it.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
26-07-2012 08:04pm
PhilSkill

Hi vern, Its not been an issue to any extent of causing a swelling, just that dead feeling, which normally passes after I shake it a bit and reposition, I agree with Big Dave you shouldnt have the front of your seat too high pressing on the backs of your legs as it can cut circulation in your legs and cause pains.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-07-2012 11:25pm
yupstr8up

(26-07-2012 05:56am)Big Dave Wrote:  I broke my back in 2006 and sold my previous vehicle because of an uncomfortable drivers seat. I went for the Dynamic Lux/Plus pack and do benefit from the sports seats.

One major breakthrough in driving comfort however came from a visit to a reflexologist who told me that I should never drive with the seat 'cupped' under the back of my knees. I had always in the past dipped the rear of the seat and raised the front but since setting it up as instructed (making sure I can get my hands under my knees when in my usual driving position) I have never had any issues.

It's certainly wort a try for a few days, feels odd at first but after a few miles you'll forget about it.

Ouch Big Dave, I have disc compression in L4/5 S1/2 and C3 to 5. Its the small of my back that suffers and plus i like to get a bit of height only being 5'2. Sad
I have the pure without support and am doing my best to acheive that comfort and pain freedom because i love the car. Not sure what else i can do more than the cushion iv'e strategically placed in that hollow.
Anyone else with this particular problem?

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
27-07-2012 02:43am
speary

I have a Pure with standard seats including lumbar on the drivers seat. To be honest these are the only seats i have ever had that dont cause something to ache on a long lourney. The seating position is much straighter than in my previous A5 which had the pedals greatly offset to the right

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
27-07-2012 09:32am
yupstr8up

(27-07-2012 09:32am)speary Wrote:  I have a Pure with standard seats including lumbar on the drivers seat. To be honest these are the only seats i have ever had that dont cause something to ache on a long lourney. The seating position is much straighter than in my previous A5 which had the pedals greatly offset to the right

Hi Speary
How strange, i have the pure 5 door and there isn't any lumbar support on mine, i had to buy an ugly lumbar support cushion otherwise the RRE would have to have been sold after only 12 days of ownership, something as basic as this which can be found in a $15K car has left a very bitter taste in my mouth almost to the extent of thinking about sellling it. Iv'e never been without a support in any car i have driven....BAD RR, truly this shouldn't be a costing option!

30-07-2012 04:29am