Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tempted to cancel their order?
vinda

Anyone tempted to cancel their order?

Anyone tempted to cancel their order after the reviews or customer service?
14-07-2011 03:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cybman

RE: Anyone tempted to cancel their order?

3 yes??? why???
14-07-2011 07:12pm
Urban Splash

Audi Q3 Config is up and running today..... Get a good spec S Line for £34,000

Still feel like I should be 'privileged' to on the 'waiting list'. Well that's what some LR dealers think. They do not give a Censored at all if you buy one off them or not which just kinda winds me up.....

p.s I quite like the facelift A5. Nice Quattro might also be an option......

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
14-07-2011 07:48pm
cutter7

(14-07-2011 07:48pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Audi Q3 Config is up and running today..... Get a good spec S Line for £34,000

Still feel like I should be 'privileged' to on the 'waiting list'. Well that's what some LR dealers think. They do not give a Censored at all if you buy one off them or not which just kinda winds me up.....

p.s I quite like the facelift A5. Nice Quattro might also be an option......

Q3 has a 'fair write up' but from that lovely front grill back, it's pig ugly, same as the Q5, and Q7.
Q3 starts at £25K, and it's built at Seats Factory near Barcelona, and every time i see a picture or review of this car, it's always a ginger pube colour!!

14-07-2011 08:11pm
cjfp

Q3 starts at £25K, and it's built at Seats Factory near Barcelona, and every time i see a picture or review of this car, it's always a ginger pube colour!!
[/quote]

At least you know it will score 5* in the NCAP test then - them ginger pubes are as strong as an ox!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2011 08:17pm by cjfp.)
14-07-2011 08:17pm
pureevoque

LOL
Probably cause ginger pube colour is the only one that can jazz up that dull styling

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
14-07-2011 08:19pm
cutter7

(14-07-2011 08:19pm)pureevoque Wrote:  LOL
Probably cause ginger pube colour is the only one that can jazz up that dull styling

Lets all remember how long Neil Kinnock lasted..

14-07-2011 08:27pm
ant

No

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
14-07-2011 10:47pm
Blackseries

OK I’ve been thinking about this and I must say that one aspect of the recent road test on the Evoque has really made me wobble badly..... and that’s the fuel economy. I just wanted to get my facts straight before I do anything but these are my thoughts at the moment. How can a small, diesel family car launched in 2011 (albeit one with great capability) return an average of 30mpg. As I said I wanted to check my facts and here they are .....the FFRR TDV8 performed the exact same tests in 2010 and achieved a figure of 26mpg. That engine is twice the size is carrying around another tonne and has a much bigger frontal area and is higher. I have a 5.0ltr V8 that will occasionally do 30mpg on a run! How could LR get it so wrong. I love the styling and the gorgeous interior but I fear 5 years down the line the market for small family cars that do only 30mpg will be very limited. There appears to have been a step change in emissions reduction and fuel consumption in the car industry however as far as I can see the Evoque seems to have not been to that party. I’m very disappointed.
I just wish other road tests had done a proper job and given us some more consumption info to go on- I don’t mind paying a premium for a product that is equal to all other premium products out there yet is better designed but to pay a premium when all other areas are not equal (and reliability is still an unknown – and a concern) is enough to make me wobble. I welcome peoples thoughts.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
15-07-2011 09:29am
Fox

(15-07-2011 09:29am)Blackseries Wrote:  OK I’ve been thinking about this and I must say that one aspect of the recent road test on the Evoque has really made me wobble badly..... and that’s the fuel economy. I just wanted to get my facts straight before I do anything but these are my thoughts at the moment. How can a small, diesel family car launched in 2011 (albeit one with great capability) return an average of 30mpg. As I said I wanted to check my facts and here they are .....the FFRR TDV8 performed the exact same tests in 2010 and achieved a figure of 26mpg. That engine is twice the size is carrying around another tonne and has a much bigger frontal area and is higher. I have a 5.0ltr V8 that will occasionally do 30mpg on a run! How could LR get it so wrong. I love the styling and the gorgeous interior but I fear 5 years down the line the market for small family cars that do only 30mpg will be very limited. There appears to have been a step change in emissions reduction and fuel consumption in the car industry however as far as I can see the Evoque seems to have not been to that party. I’m very disappointed.
I just wish other road tests had done a proper job and given us some more consumption info to go on- I don’t mind paying a premium for a product that is equal to all other premium products out there yet is better designed but to pay a premium when all other areas are not equal (and reliability is still an unknown – and a concern) is enough to make me wobble. I welcome peoples thoughts.

I can only guess that to get 30mpg out of a modern diesel. they must have thrashed the hell out of it. Shocked
I used to average 28mpg in my FFRR as it wasn't used in town a lot.

They do performance tests and generally include that in the mpg figures too.
Autoexpress quoted my car (work hack) at 55mpg, I have actually averaged 71mpg from new over 14 full tanks of diesel.

Personally I wouldn't worry. 30mpg is worse case scenario if you race about like your hair is on fire. If you do, get the petrol.

I find a much better average is half way between the magazine racing around figure and the optimistic combined figure quoted by the manufacturer.

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 09:50am by Fox.)
15-07-2011 09:49am