Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone planning any chages to their Evoque?
cjfp

RE: Anyone planning any chages to their Evoque?

@paulus599 - so not a hammer and screwdriver then !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
09-05-2011 09:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

(09-05-2011 09:42am)cjfp Wrote:  @paulus599 - so not a hammer and screwdriver then !

Well that would work too! Laughing

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-05-2011 09:43am
Blackseries

Originally I ordered a Pure but it now looks like I will change it to a Prestige (will wait until after the Live event to confirm). As I’ve mentioned elsewhere I like the look of the Dynamic but want a light interior – so I think the best way to get that is to start with the light interior and then “Dynamic” the exterior. As I think I saw in the factory the rear exhausts on both models are the same so I’m going to investigate the cost of replacing the rear bumper to get the square exhaust look. As per this link.

http://yfrog.com/h3qdbymj

I think it will be cheaper than we all think.

I was then going to de-chrome the bottom of the windows but having seen the picture of the Black Prestige car in “Car Magazine” where the rear number plate finisher is black instead of silver – maybe that’s enough to calm things down. My concern about changing the Chrome window finisher for black is with the early cars if that line is not dead straight your eye is drawn to it and it could ruin the look of the car.

TBH I annoyed that I have to jump through these hoops when all the constituent parts are at the factory and its just that some spod in marketing has decided light colour interiors aren’t sporty – funny how the RRS (SPORT!) is available with light colour interiors ..... rant over.

I’m then taking all the badges off the back apart from Range Rover – to my mind the back is too small to have all that other stuff on it – I may put a Black background Land Rover badge on the right – or if I do de-chrome the window strip maybe a Land Rover badge with a very dark red background... I think that would look quite mean.

I’m also thinking about painting the roof and the mirror caps dark red (Alfa 8C red). .... but not sure about that idea though.
The body of my car is Black.

On the interior I'm trying to work out how to get internet radio on the move... any ideas?

Thats it for the time being.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2011 09:50am by Blackseries.)
09-05-2011 09:48am
DynamicRRV

(09-05-2011 09:48am)Blackseries Wrote:  Originally I ordered a Pure but it now looks like I will change it to a Prestige (will wait until after the Live event to confirm). As I’ve mentioned elsewhere I like the look of the Dynamic but want a light interior – so I think the best way to get that is to start with the light interior and then “Dynamic” the exterior. As I think I saw in the factory the rear exhausts on both models are the same so I’m going to investigate the cost of replacing the rear bumper to get the square exhaust look. As per this link.

http://yfrog.com/h3qdbymj

I think it will be cheaper than we all think.

I was then going to de-chrome the bottom of the windows but having seen the picture of the Black Prestige car in “Car Magazine” where the rear number plate finisher is black instead of silver – maybe that’s enough to calm things down. My concern about changing the Chrome window finisher for black is with the early cars if that line is not dead straight your eye is drawn to it and it could ruin the look of the car.

TBH I annoyed that I have to jump through these hoops when all the constituent parts are at the factory and its just that some spod in marketing has decided light colour interiors aren’t sporty – funny how the RRS (SPORT!) is available with light colour interiors ..... rant over.

I’m then taking all the badges off the back apart from Range Rover – to my mind the back is too small to have all that other stuff on it – I may put a Black background Land Rover badge on the right – or if I do de-chrome the window strip maybe a Land Rover badge with a very dark red background... I think that would look quite mean.

I’m also thinking about painting the roof and the mirror caps dark red (Alfa 8C red). .... but not sure about that idea though.
The body of my car is Black.

On the interior I'm trying to work out how to get internet radio on the move... any ideas?

Thats it for the time being.

Not that much different then!!Wink
09-05-2011 06:39pm
LRX
Banned

(09-05-2011 06:39pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  I’m then taking all the badges off the back apart from Range Rover – to my mind the back is too small to have all that other stuff on it – I may put a Black background Land Rover badge on the right – or if I do de-chrome the window strip maybe a Land Rover badge with a very dark red background... I think that would look quite mean.

How will you do this?
09-05-2011 06:45pm
ant

As stated above, the badges are glued on, so heat up with a hair dryer and use dental floss to "cut" behind the badge. Then use a solvent to remove remaining glue.
Green and black Land Rover badges are on ebay. Never seen a red one, but if memory serves me right, some guys with RRSs did spray their badges to get different background colours.
Some interesting changes proposed so far. I might remove rear badging too.
Wheel centers are another easy change - green to black etc.
Also side repeaters in orange are a sure fire thing to change to clear or smoked or even black.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
09-05-2011 08:16pm
Kermit

(09-05-2011 09:48am)Blackseries Wrote:  On the interior I'm trying to work out how to get internet radio on the move... any ideas?

iPhone/iPad + internet connection, plugged into the car.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 04:36am by Kermit.)
10-05-2011 04:35am