Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone planning any chages to their Evoque?
ant

Anyone planning any chages to their Evoque?

It might seem a bit early to ask, and strange to make changes to a new vehicle, but anyone planning any customising when they get their Evoque?
I remember getting the RRS in 2006, and all the rage was to upgrade to 20" wheels, change the front grill to the "Supercharged" grill, change green oval badges to black, etc etc.
The main focus seemed to be to make your RRS slightly different to everyone else's.
Personally, I only went for 2x twin polished exhaust tips, black side repeaters and a supercharged grill. Later in 2007 I upgraded the wheels, but kept 19" as I didn't want 20" wheels - 19s were just fine. My car was subtle, but slightly different to everyone else's.
I know some people went way over the top with Sports and got too blingy, but to each their own.Rolling Eyes
I believe the Evoque can have 380,000 variations (before starting on the options list), so there will be a lot of variety straight out of the box. But I also know that some people like the exterior features of the Dynamic, with the Prestige interior, or the Dynamic Plus seats in Ivory Oxford leather fitted to a Prestige, (both of which you can't get). Some may prefer the black waist-line from the Dynamic on their Prestige or Pure.
It just got me thinking about how much more posting there's going to be on here regarding customer applied changes, once the cars start hitting the roads.
Anyone else thought about that, (or should I just get my coat????)LaughingLaughing
ANTShocked

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 08:41pm by ant.)
08-05-2011 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Anyone planning any chages to their Evoque?

The only change I have in mind at the moment is a very small tweek to the badges on the rear of the car. I don't like the green oval at all, so would like to remove it (is that a hanging offence? Smile ). To then balance up the rear I would move the 'engine' badge from below the Evoque badge and put in the space vacated by the oval. Hope that makes sense Confused So, very small change, but it'll make me happy Very Happy

I have ordered a Prestige but as this is a coupe it already has the black waist-line.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-05-2011 08:52pm
ant

Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I mean - it happened a lot with the RRS and everyone posted pictures of their changes and they were usually praised and criticized in equal measures.
I'm going to have to see mine in the flesh and live with it for a while before I make any changes and if I do they will be subtle.Cool
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
08-05-2011 09:09pm
cjfp

Green badges to black. Poss 3rd party wheel change - don't really like any of the options given by LR. 3rd party window tint. That's about it.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-05-2011 09:59pm
DynamicRRV

Cannot believe there are going to be green badges on the Evoque,so "old" looking IMO . Apparently next year mid 2012 Range Rover will have there own badges as opposed to Land Rover.

I too will remove the green and replace with black.
08-05-2011 10:10pm
Kermit

(08-05-2011 08:39pm)ant Wrote:  It might seem a bit early to ask, and strange to make changes to a new vehicle, but anyone planning any customising when they get their Evoque?
<SNIP>
The main focus seemed to be to make your RRS slightly different to everyone else's.

Hopefully getting Colima Lime will make it unique enough.
09-05-2011 06:40am
cjfp

oh, and might look to change the Pure exhaust tips to for something a bit different if surrounding bodywork allows.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
09-05-2011 07:14am
LRX
Banned

How does one go about removing the green LR badge?
09-05-2011 09:12am
paulus599

(09-05-2011 09:12am)LRX Wrote:  How does one go about removing the green LR badge?

I think all the badges are just held in place with glue (double sided sticky tape really). If so the best way will be to warm it up with a hair drier and it should be easy to prise it off. I think someone (Tim?) in another thread suggested using dental floss to slide behind the badge, that way there is no chance of damaging the paint.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-05-2011 09:22am
cjfp

@paulus599 - so not a hammer and screwdriver then !

09-05-2011 09:42am