Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone have Halfords Exodus Roof Box?
WB
WB

RE: Anyone have Halfords Exodus Roof Box?

(30-05-2012 06:17pm)Daigriff Wrote:  That looks fine WB perhaps not as sporty as the rails but fine for what I want.
Cheers
DG

They look quite rugged in the metal especially with the chunky wing bars.

Went to pick up the Exodus Roof box from Halfords and what can I say but... disaster...

First they couldn't find the box which I'd ordered online for delivery to the store - I'd had both a shipping confirmation AND a call from the store to say it had arrived. After 20 minutes they told me they had put my box on display - they showed me and it was full of camping gear and very dusty! After 10 minutes of back and forth with the manager they offered me another £20 off and as I need the box I agreed.

Then went to mount the box on the car and even though I have longer than average arms I just couldn't reach the far side attachments as the box only opens on one side! They told me its a two man job but even then with someone holding the bolt from underneath it was impossible for me to click the internal attachment in place.They then told me a ladder was needed - at that point I asked for a refund - there's no way putting a roof box on should need two people and a ladder!

So after wasting an hour in total I got a refund and will learn my lesson to only buy Thule in the future... My old Thule box could be on the car in 2 minutes.

On the plus side I think it looks good and suits the shape of the Evoque but unless you've got VERY long arms or are willing to spend 20 minutes and have two people every time you have to get it on or off then I'd avoid this roof box.
31-05-2012 10:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(25-03-2012 12:31pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Fitted the Karrite top box in preparation for my Easter break in a week or so.

Jeez...... At only 5' 7" , was on heck of a struggle to get the clamps screwed on on the hinged side. had to get my knee up on the roof rail to try and stretch across!

Recommendation invest a little (lot) extra when buying a box and get one that hinges both sides!

Now if someone did a set of ladders that could just hook onto the roof rails I'd buy them!

[Image: DSCF0571.jpg]

Well you can't say I didn't warn you Laughing

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
31-05-2012 03:18pm
WB
WB

(31-05-2012 03:18pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Well you can't say I didn't warn you Laughing

Damn - I missed that post!! NEVER again will I buy anything but Thule!
31-05-2012 03:38pm
Daigriff

Glad I read your post WB, nearly went for the same as you.

So what are you getting now...presumably Thule...which one?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
31-05-2012 11:15pm
WB
WB

(31-05-2012 11:15pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Glad I read your post WB, nearly went for the same as you.

So what are you getting now...presumably Thule...which one?

I think it will have to be a Motion 200 or an Atlantis 200 if anyone still has it in stock - because of the relatively short length of the Evoque roof I don't think any others will work and still allow enough clearance for the boot to open.
01-06-2012 12:27am
cutter7

Anyone have Halfords Exodus Roof Box?

Exodus 460 L Roof Box..

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

06-06-2012 09:00pm
mbiegun

Dear All, I am considering Thule Dynamic 800 Roof Box installation on my 5dr Evoque. I have original RR rails and bars. It is premium box, more expensive than Halfords, but i would like to use it to my 180cm long skis transportation. The box is 206cm long, but salesman in my Garage agreed to order it and give me chance to check this box first, then decide if it looks OK on my car. My question to you: do you know ANY alternative Thule or any other roof box producers model able to transport 180cm skies? I will try to take a photo of this config. RRE+TD800. Thx for your opinions. Regards from Swiss.
13-01-2013 04:59pm
Bill

(13-01-2013 04:59pm)mbiegun Wrote:  Dear All, I am considering Thule Dynamic 800 Roof Box installation on my 5dr Evoque. I have original RR rails and bars. It is premium box, more expensive than Halfords, but i would like to use it to my 180cm long skis transportation. The box is 206cm long, but salesman in my Garage agreed to order it and give me chance to check this box first, then decide if it looks OK on my car. My question to you: do you know ANY alternative Thule or any other roof box producers model able to transport 180cm skies? I will try to take a photo of this config. RRE+TD800. Thx for your opinions. Regards from Swiss.

Would like to see a photo of this or any other box capable of carrying skis in place on an Evoque
14-01-2013 09:04am
Evofirenze

(14-01-2013 09:04am)Bill Wrote:  Would like to see a photo of this or any other box capable of carrying skis in place on an Evoque

Hi there,

Please check my post: will try to post another pic or two...
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Ready-to-...7#pid78727

I have Thule Motion 600 Black on it and have the Range rover Evoque, roof rails and cross bars. I went for the Motion series because of the size, weight, length, capacity and shape. AND the glossy look that fit and goes well with my Panoramic/Narvik Black combo!

While the dynamic 800 looked slicker, I find it a bit flat to my taste as i would not only want to use the box for snowboard and skis! Smile, at times, I want to be able to throw in big bags. Very Happy
Also with the Motion 600, i still have plenty of space on the roof for another two bike roof carrier not to mention sunlight... AND my daughter gets to watch stars through when no bike rack. Very Happy

The Excellence is also smooth too looks at but way too big on Evoque.

Hope that helps

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Firenze
Panoramic-Narvik Black, Adaptive Dynamics, Pack 2 & 4, Style 7, Electric TB...
14-01-2013 03:17pm
Bill

14-01-2013 04:11pm