Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone getting speaker rattle?
colski

Anyone getting speaker rattle?

Hello everyone

Picked up my new Evoque (Prestige, White, Auto, Diesel) just before Christmas and am LOVING it. It is incredibly impressive in every way. I love music - and particularly love quality sound - and have been very very impressed with the Meridian system (regular 325w) in my Prestige. Am listening to high quality MP3 off a USB stick. Clean, punchy bass and crystal clear highs. Really lovely.

Just noticed last night while listening to an acoustic version of Damien Rice's 'Cannonball' that I am getting vibration/rattle from the lower passenger door speaker. Subwoofer is set high, Bass is just over halfway.
Thought it was a defective cone, but if I put my finger under the panel, the vibration stops, meaning it's a badly fitted panel.

Anyone else have this experience? I think I can wedge a piece of rubber into the panel join to stop it - would feel better doing this than having the entire door dismantled by LR.

Thoughts everyone?

Colin
19-01-2012 01:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

RE: Anyone getting speaker rattle?

Yes, I've got the 825w upgrade and I have a duff speaker in the rear driver side. Got knows what else I'll end up with after Stratstone have replaced it on Friday.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
19-01-2012 09:23am
dandavis1

Yep, both my door panels rattle.
19-01-2012 09:27am
Claud

My door panel rattles too at high volumes on the 825w system. I have mitigated it somewhat by turning the sub and bass levels down to mid level.

I had the same issue on my Vogue, the vibrations set up a resonance in the electric window buttons. I haven't traced the source in the Evoque door trim yet.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
19-01-2012 01:37pm
PhilSkill

There's been numerous reports of rattly door panels on here, I have an intermittent with one rear door, not enough to concern me at the moment.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-01-2012 03:08pm
colski

Mine comes and goes - it's not consistent and I think I can feel where it comes from.
The problem is, will leaving it in actually fix it? My dealer is 40 miles away, so it's an 80m round trip....

C
20-01-2012 01:45am