Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone get any Freebies ?
Pedalpower

Anyone get any Freebies ?

My car is due in a couple of weeks, and fortunalty not been delayed, so cant really blag anything due to a delay, however i would like to think i would get something, spending this sort of money on a car should warrant some sort of good will gesture !

a friend of mine who's car was delayed 2 months got £150 for spend on a night out and £250 off the car !.Surprised

Has anyone managed to get free mud flaps, boot mat etc etc ?
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 03:23pm by Pedalpower.)
10-01-2012 03:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Anyone get any Freebies ?

I would be very surprised if you get anything, but if you don't ask, you will never know!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-01-2012 03:25pm
BobM

You should have received a Landrover Experience Voucher from your dealer for just taking a test drive. Half a day offroading for free (should be about £250). You shouldnt have to ask and my dealer has already offered me a second one while Im waiting and had a RRE out for the day just to ease the pain and make the wait a bit more bearable. When I get car (build date 24.2.12) I will probably try and blag the mats and mudflaps when I go to pick the car up - or at least a big discount.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
10-01-2012 03:33pm
tetstb

(10-01-2012 03:33pm)BobM Wrote:  You should have received a Landrover Experience Voucher from your dealer for just taking a test drive. Half a day offroading for free (should be about £250). You shouldnt have to ask and my dealer has already offered me a second one while Im waiting and had a RRE out for the day just to ease the pain and make the wait a bit more bearable. When I get car (build date 24.2.12) I will probably try and blag the mats and mudflaps when I go to pick the car up - or at least a big discount.

Who is your dealer as a matter of interest ? I've never had anything from them for test drives etc.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
10-01-2012 04:17pm
Pedalpower

I havent heard about land rover experience from a test drive !, i went to my dealers launch event, had food, wine etc, then got some pens, pictures etc etc, but certainly not a off road day. I know someone else who didn't get a thing from their dealer at the launch event
10-01-2012 04:37pm
LDT

BobM - You have a very generous dealer! I hope to receive (promised but not arrived) an experience day voucher due to build delay. Good luck with the mats/mudflaps/discount.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-01-2012 04:47pm
BobM

Car ordered from Morrisons Land Rover, Stirling. Salesman (Jonathan) couldnt be any better or nicer - though it doesnt shorten the wait. If I remember correctly, the voucher states on it that it is issued to any person taking a test drive in a RR. These are JLR vouchers not just something the dealer has made up. I know a couple of guys who own other JLR vehicles and they regularly get offered additional experience vouchers. Guess I just have a generous dealer (or mine is doing what it should and the rest are really tight!!!)

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 05:40pm by BobM.)
10-01-2012 05:39pm
WB
WB

From what I've seen none of the dealers are a pushover and many aren't even giving the full tank of fuel which Land Rover mandate in their handover document!

I would suggest everyone pushes for at least a set of mats, mud flaps and/or boot liner PLUS your full tank of fuel.

There are many of us who have been able to secure this type of deal.

Don't forget the dealers are probably selling fewer RR's and RRS's in this economic climate (just look at the finance deals and discounts you can get on those) so they don't want to cannibalise any of their Evoque profits BUT their arms can be twisted. If necessary tell them about the others on the forum that have got freebies, speak to the sales manager or if necessary the dealer principal... One of those guys will care about the publicity they get on the forum (good or bad) and will see the bigger picture of giving you £200 odd in freebies which is less than 0.5% discount on the list price you're paying for the car!
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 05:56pm by WB.)
10-01-2012 05:56pm
scottie99

I received a food hamper, set of mats, a full tank and the dealer absorbed the cost involved in transferring private plates.

(still gave a rubbish price on my trade-in though!)
10-01-2012 07:14pm
tom

Hi Scottie 99 which dealer did you use
10-01-2012 07:44pm