Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray?
THEMACS

Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray?

Have ordered the above today after doing a little research, has anyone used this and if so is it any good?

I have just give the Evoque a good cleaning and a good coat of Autoglym HD wax and wanted something good to keep the finish inbetween waxes

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-02-2013 09:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Anyone Used Chemical Guys Pro Detailing Spray?

I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

Just spray & wipe off for that just waxed look.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
20-02-2013 09:58pm
THEMACS

(20-02-2013 09:58pm)doug Wrote:  I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

Thanks, sounds like its a good productVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-02-2013 10:28pm
xxxx5

(20-02-2013 09:45pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Have ordered the above today after doing a little research, has anyone used this and if so is it any good?

I have just give the Evoque a good cleaning and a good coat of Autoglym HD wax and wanted something good to keep the finish inbetween waxes

Yep, use it all the time. Great product you won't be disappointed.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
21-02-2013 10:41am
THEMACS

Just used this after washing the car with Zymol auto wash, the Detail Spray is fantastic, much better finish than the C1 Gtechniq that I used before and Way way cheaper for the bottle size, would recommend leaves a fabulous shine and is very easy to useVery Happy

02-03-2013 04:53pm
dynamicgirl

(20-02-2013 09:58pm)doug Wrote:  I use there speed wipe & V7 quick detailing sprays & would rate them as "the best". I got some pro spray for my dad at Christmas & he loves it Very Happy

The CG's range is my favourite and I too find their Speed Wipe is far and away the best quick detailing spray, ..I have tried loads of quick detailers, Dodo Juice Red Mist, Poor Boys Quick Detailer +, Meguiars Quick Detailer Mist and nothing comes close to the CG Speed Wipe IMO and it's not the most expensive. It dries very quickly, leaving a streak-free, glossy finish and it smells good enough to drink (but please don't!) Very Happy. If you haven't got time to go to town on claying, polishing, sealing and waxing, a quick wash using the 2 bucket method with sheepskin wash mitt and an all over spritz and buff-up with Speed Wipe is enough between full details to keep the car looking its best. Smile Paula xx
12-06-2013 01:12pm
PhilSkill

(02-03-2013 04:53pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Just used this after washing the car with Zymol auto wash, the Detail Spray is fantastic, much better finish than the C1 Gtechniq that I used before and Way way cheaper for the bottle size, would recommend leaves a fabulous shine and is very easy to useVery Happy

Interesting comparison Themacs, C1 isn't a quick detailer, it's a ceramic coating to help avoid swirls and protect the paint, you would normally coat C1 with a further gloss coat, such as C1.5 or C2 anyway.

I use C2v2 which is very good and can be used wet but can't compare to CG as i've not tried it, is it useable on a wet car? as I find this is the most useful spray where you don't have to have the car completely dry before finishing with a QD.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-06-2013 02:13pm
doug

Only used C2 not the newer C2v2,its very easy to apply & can be watered down as a QD spray but for me it lacks depth (I do use a sealant not wax on my White van, as light colours suit sealants) it's good but each to there own on detailing products. If I had C1 as my sealant I would be using there "top up" products to help prolong the life of the sealant. But I like the extra wet depth & flake pop that only a wax can offer + a 2year sealant would be wasted in me as I love to fully detail the paint twice a year.

So is CG speed wipe better than C2? if used over a wax yes, but on any of the long life sealants I would use the same brand to extend it's life.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 04:36pm by doug.)
12-06-2013 04:32pm