Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone Install the Boot/Trunk Liner VPLVS0090 ?
mzn50

Anyone Install the Boot/Trunk Liner VPLVS0090 ?

Picking the full liner up for the Evoque for my Rotti..
Can anyone tell me if it's a snap to install or a pain...

The item in question can be found here..
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories....tegory=216

Thanks !

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
06-07-2012 10:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deaky

RE: Anyone Install the Boot/Trunk Liner VPLVS0090 ?

Ordered one yesterday, I'll let you know Smile
07-07-2012 07:59am
BFGEvoqueMan

(06-07-2012 10:46pm)mzn50 Wrote:  Picking the full liner up for the Evoque for my Rotti..
Can anyone tell me if it's a snap to install or a pain...

The item in question can be found here..
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories....tegory=216

Thanks !

Yes, its very good. It attaches to the boot trim via massive velcro pads, but will block the boot light. You can take about 5 mins to put it on (or about 30mins if you get an attack of OCD). Ours is in permenantly in the car on account of the dog! It is an excellent fit and the quality is worth the money. Note there is a part designed to flop over the back seat and I pressume cover the footwell when the seats are down. I have folded this back under the bit that attaches to the back of the back seats, with about an 1" flap at the top which is held in place by the headrests. (You will see what I mean when you get it). There is a bit designed to flap down over the bumper and is hel;d in place by two zips when the boot is closed. This bit doesn't work so well and mine is permenantly folded flat under the floor part, but if you are only using it for occasional things then you could throw this over the load being carried.

The material is very solid smooth waterproof "stuff", very much like a caravan awning skirt or ground-sheet; and with a dog that wasn't toilet trained when we got her is definately waterproof.

Trust this helps.Very Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
07-07-2012 08:13am
Donny Dog

I echo the previous poster's views that is very good. I use mine occasionally (for dirty or wet loads) rather than permanently, and find it easy to deploy. It stores in a neat bag, which you can attach by Velcro to the sides when not is use, or store under the floor (as I do). It also works well with the rubber floor mat (for heavier loads which you may want to slide in/out).

I find the rear flap useful for protecting the bumper when loading heavy items, and, when it's zipped up, it protects the rear door. For longer loads, the forward flap easily covers the lowered seat back-rests. The only (slight) problem with this arrangement is that there is then an uncovered gap around the seats (which could allow a protruding load, such as tree branches, to touch the front doors).

I think it is an excellent, quality, and well thought out product. It is also (in the UK - not in the USA!) reasonably priced, and, taking into account that many peripherals (such as the hatch protection, seat cover, and bumper flap) are extras on the non-OEM versions, quite competitively priced. For those that have not yet ordered one but plan to do so, they work out cheaper from Duckworths (given the free postage to site members, and 15% discount) than from local dealerships.
07-07-2012 09:49am
mzn50

Thanks guys.. Very useful..
BFGEvoque.. Do you find that your dog slips in it when taking corners.. .

I think the flap cover will be useful as my dog digs in on entry and exit..

Thanks again !

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

Hers - Lexus RX350
07-07-2012 11:58am
RREVO

Ditto the previous posters about the quality, easy to install etc, and a must have if you want to keep the boot & or the back seats dirt free.
But I'm not sure it would be that dog friendly.
The material although it feels resilient it might puncture/rip when clawed and it could possibly turn into a skid pan with wet paws.
You might be better of going for a rubber boot liner and you can use the tie down hoops (which you can't access with the VPLVS0090 boot liner) to secure man's best friend.
For the rubber liner see here http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/range...black.html

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
07-07-2012 12:15pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Ditto the commentds above, I got mine from Dan @ Duckworths. We have a Samoid Dog with very sharp claws and there are no marks on it yet. We lift her in/out of the car but when she is older (+1yr) and her hips are grown she will jump in and out so the bumper flap will be useful. Now she is toilet trained then I have a normal non-slip boot mat on top of the "floor" part of the lining. This works well but she is also realising it is better to lie down rather than sit on anything other than the motorway.

I think the material is strong enough, I have carried bricks and sandstone in the boot and there is not a mark on the liner.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
07-07-2012 01:11pm
Broadsword1959

I can't advise on the RR Boot / Trunk Liner but I installed a Hatch Bag Liner complete with a quilted animal mat. This mat is cut to fit RR Evoque and has de-odouriser and is washable. I manage to get my 2 Choc Labs in the back - slightly tight but they snuggle up no problem.

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
07-07-2012 06:16pm
mzn50

Hey brroadsword.. Thanks
I like the quilted mat.. Is this an RR Evoque part ? Or a third party ?
Thx

Matt
Ottawa

Hers - Lexus RX350
07-07-2012 06:23pm
Broadsword1959

(07-07-2012 06:23pm)mzn50 Wrote:  Hey brroadsword.. Thanks
I like the quilted mat.. Is this an RR Evoque part ? Or a third party ?
Thx

all from Hatchbag UK - made to measure , excellent quality and good delivery schedule

Hatchbag - Evoque

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
07-07-2012 06:30pm