Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any other HUD users - Heads Up Display
Daveparky

Any other HUD users - Heads Up Display

Had my 2015MY Evoque Dynamic since christmas now, and occasionally the HUD will fail.

It will just switch off with an error icon on the drivers display.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have a video of it happening, have shown to my local dealership but they could not find any problems....

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
20-05-2015 05:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
couplands

RE: Any other HUD users - Heads Up Display

I've only had ours a few weeks, no failures so far.

I do notice its quite dim, I've set the brightness to max but in most daylight conditions its pretty hard to see unless I really try hard - which sort of defeats the object..!

cheers

simon
20-05-2015 05:48pm
Daveparky

Yep, unless its cloudy during the day it is hard to see, but the rest of the time I find it quite handy. specially with a heavy right foot!

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
20-05-2015 06:05pm
MartinP

Had mine for 7 weeks and no failures so far. Also no issues with clarity and it's perfectly visible in all conditions to date. In fact very impressed with it as it's proving more useful than I thought it would.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
20-05-2015 08:15pm
couplands

^^^ must be my age then..Smile I find it hard to read unless there is a fair amount of cloud cover.

Jealous if yours is that bright. Might raise it at the next dealer visit.

Cheers

Simon
20-05-2015 09:39pm
Twells2Yoda

(20-05-2015 09:39pm)couplands Wrote:  ^^^ must be my age then..Smile I find it hard to read unless there is a fair amount of cloud cover.

Jealous if yours is that bright. Might raise it at the next dealer visit.

Cheers

Simon

I have only had mine 10 days (SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto) and no problems so far. The dealer did take me through the instrument & HUD display menu where you can set the position and brightness of the HUD display using the up/down L & R arrows on the right hand column stalk. Once found it is easy toadjust
Idea

MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4 Auto 2.2 enjoyed and now replaced by Jag F-Pace 3.0d S - Maybe see you again in 3 years if RR Velar gets a home.
25-05-2015 11:00am
couplands

(25-05-2015 11:00am)Twells2Yoda Wrote:  I have only had mine 10 days (SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto) and no problems so far. The dealer did take me through the instrument & HUD display menu where you can set the position and brightness of the HUD display using the up/down L & R arrows on the right hand column stalk. Once found it is easy toadjust
Idea

I have adjusted the position and the brightness (to max) but its still not easy to read in anything less than dull/dark conditions.

It must be because its so sunny in the Peak District, shouldn't complain...Wink

cheers

simon
25-05-2015 11:19am
Twells2Yoda

(25-05-2015 11:19am)couplands Wrote:  I have adjusted the position and the brightness (to max) but its still not easy to read in anything less than dull/dark conditions.

It must be because its so sunny in the Peak District, shouldn't complain...Wink

cheers

simon

Hi Simon,
Sorry for perhaps stating "the obvious" but thank you for that info. On Peak District Very Happy We will be trying out the new buggy with a trip to Rivendale on Friday 5th June for a week. Can I claim on your guarantee if it rains?

MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4 Auto 2.2 enjoyed and now replaced by Jag F-Pace 3.0d S - Maybe see you again in 3 years if RR Velar gets a home.
25-05-2015 11:26am
couplands

The sun always shines here, it just may be above the clouds sometimes..Smile

You have picked a great spot to stay, plenty of good walking and Chatsworth nearby too. Perfect.

cheers

simon
25-05-2015 12:12pm