Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any advice for cleaning style 5 wheels?!
MrHooky

Any advice for cleaning style 5 wheels?!

So whilst my pressure washer is waiting to be fixed I've had to clean the wheels by hand and hose. I've got a toothbrush and valet pro detailing brush and still struggling to get in the narrow spokes properly. Can anyone recommend another wheel cleaning tool that can get right in the thin gap?

Starting to wish we'd specced different wheels as they're such a pig to clean...

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
21-07-2012 10:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Any advice for cleaning style 5 wheels?!

Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.
Not cheap, but will last for years & will be the only wheel brush you will ever need.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
21-07-2012 11:32pm
ChuckieB

I'll be giving them a go. It'll be needing the smallest brush though as the gaps at their narrowest are about an index finger's[/align]width only. I like the idea that they have no metal.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
21-07-2012 11:48pm
PhilSkill

I've been using a small microfibre cloth mitt that slides between the thin spokes (without hand in) just a microfibre cloth would probably do but hard not to drop some on the ground, ive dedicated it for that purpose and washed out each time. Considering the wheel wollies so if you get them please let us know how well they fit the style 5's spokes.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2012 12:02am
MrHooky

(21-07-2012 11:32pm)doug Wrote:  Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.
Not cheap, but will last for years & will be the only wheel brush you will ever need.

Thanks for the tip. I had toyed with getting these previously but i'm struggling to justify £40 for three glorified toilet brushes! I only really need the smallest one so may try and get that on its own.

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
22-07-2012 12:22am
xxxx5

(21-07-2012 11:32pm)doug Wrote:  Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.

+1, best piece of detailing kit I have bought.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
22-07-2012 12:31am
maccacch

best product i've used so far - the meguiars wheel brightener - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/megui...itres.aspx

so effective that i don't even have to agitate it with a brush. just dilute it, spray it on and leave for 30 secs, spray off.
22-07-2012 06:25am
Evo-king

Yes, get the wheel woolies, had a set delivered this week, also they are good on the front grill.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-07-2012 09:38am
Griff449

Where do you get the wheel woollies from then?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
22-07-2012 09:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

I recommend an EZ Detail brush. This fits between the narrow spokes, but also cleans between the wide spokes, and even behind the spokes, all in one easy operation. They aren't the cheapest of this general type of brush (about £15) but they have bristles which manage to be both 'tender' and yet resilient enough to always recover to their original position time after time. The whole wheel takes less than a minute.
22-07-2012 09:55am