Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another satnav annoyance
dandavis1

Another satnav annoyance

My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further.

I left Ashtead Surrey and put in a postcode in Kingston-Upon-Thames and followed the directions (I don't know the area).

Approaching Epsom I noticed the route was about to run out and it was then that I discovered the satnav had two routes. The destination was correct but the car had decided to give me directions to a random area I hadn't specified.

It's so crap.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

23-12-2011 08:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Another satnav annoyance

there is obviously a software glitch...it needs to be reset ...dealer again, I guess. The satnav is actually pretty good....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
23-12-2011 09:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
My1stRR

Another satnav annoyance

I actually find it pretty good as well. Lots of bells and whistles....so takes a bit of getting used to..... but with a bit of patience I'm sure it will be great!
23-12-2011 10:29pm
ytshome

(23-12-2011 08:23pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further.

I left Ashtead Surrey and put in a postcode in Kingston-Upon-Thames and followed the directions (I don't know the area).

Approaching Epsom I noticed the route was about to run out and it was then that I discovered the satnav had two routes. The destination was correct but the car had decided to give me directions to a random area I hadn't specified.

It's so crap.

Now you did remember to switch the lights on so you could see what you were doing didn't you? Laughing or was that just Magicdragon.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 12:48am by ytshome.)
24-12-2011 12:40am
cjfp

Tmc re-route due to traffic / accident?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-12-2011 12:45am
QueJumper

Another satnav annoyance

It's 100% better than the one in our Disco 4. I think that was written years ago!

Postcodes can be a bit random as they can cover areas as well as individual sites. Best to double check on the map and use address too.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
24-12-2011 11:11am
Mag1c_dragon

(24-12-2011 12:40am)ytshome Wrote:  Now you did remember to switch the lights on so you could see what you were doing didn't you? Laughing or was that just Magicdragon.

I still can't believe I done that! Figured out the dealer had turned the auto lights off a few days earlier when I had it in getting the tracker and winter tyres fitted . . .

I really like the sat nav - and I don't live too far from ashstead / Kingston area. Epsom is a BIG diversion though - odd. Can't say I have noticed any glitches like that on mine. It successfully re-routed me off the m6 the other day and saved me from 15 miles of tailbacks

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
24-12-2011 06:27pm
olde

(23-12-2011 08:23pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further. It's so crap.

Yep, it is frustrating, but some of the bugs are easy to fix. Please could you guys suggest how the software should be improved in this thread: 2012 Software Update List?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
31-12-2011 12:58am
jrinns

Jlr must be the worst nav puckers in the world, the nav on the xf is pure crap. I had hoped for them moving on in the nav world but it looks like the evoque will suffer the same fate.
09-01-2012 10:17pm
cjfp

Have just been reading the manual and in Route Options, there is an Easy Route option as one of the route choices - if 'on', this option will look to reduce Junctions, Turns, Turns that cross traffic, the priority of minor roads, and Complex junctions and manoeuvres ! Could this be a reason for the 'odd' route above? (a bit like the one i encountered today!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-01-2012 11:39pm