Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Annual service time, more stress.
Stadt Panzer

Annual service time, more stress.

Yes, you can register on the LR website and get to see your service history.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 07:06pm by Stadt Panzer.)
09-05-2016 07:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ziggy stardust

RE: Annual service time, more stress.

Had the full 4 year service done today, yes I had to wait nearly 2 months for a slot. Did I pay £540 for the full service? No. I went online and found I could book it in for £396 so I printed it off and showed it to them, they honored the price, it must have hurt them so bad. I also had the rear brake pads replaced that I supplied for about £45.

Now here is the killer, after an inspection I'm told the oil leak 'seems' to be coming from the rear oil seal on the crank, o.k. how much to replace that then? £850 plus vat sir. What? 5 1/2 hours labour sir, Can you not do it cheaper? I'll have a word with the service manager sir, we can do it for £850 and 10% off any parts. Leave it with me while I decide what to do, me thinks I'll be calling in to see the local independents for a price.
15-07-2016 08:35pm
GaryO

@Ziggy Stardust...that service labour cost looks like £150 per hour....surely too much.
16-07-2016 08:34am
ziggy stardust

Definitely too much, they really are taking the p#ss.

I think it's all down to the new management team that believe as they are so busy they can charge whatever they want. I mean £54 for an MOT when the Fiat garage opposite has a sign out front showing MOTs for £35.
16-07-2016 01:56pm
harry

(15-07-2016 08:35pm)ziggy stardust Wrote:  Had the full 4 year service done today, yes I had to wait nearly 2 months for a slot. Did I pay £540 for the full service? No. I went online and found I could book it in for £396 so I printed it off and showed it to them, they honored the price, it must have hurt them so bad. I also had the rear brake pads replaced that I supplied for about £45.

Now here is the killer, after an inspection I'm told the oil leak 'seems' to be coming from the rear oil seal on the crank, o.k. how much to replace that then? £850 plus vat sir. What? 5 1/2 hours labour sir, Can you not do it cheaper? I'll have a word with the service manager sir, we can do it for £850 and 10% off any parts. Leave it with me while I decide what to do, me thinks I'll be calling in to see the local independents for a price.

just had 4th service done at 88.000km, and have exactly the same problem: leaking crankshaft seal which needs to be replaced. this requires gearbox removal. been quoted 10 1/2 hours. interesting.
time to sell.
16-07-2016 07:49pm
Sarcastrix

(15-07-2016 08:35pm)ziggy stardust Wrote:  I'm told the oil leak 'seems' to be coming from the rear oil seal on the crank, o.k. how much to replace that then? £850 plus vat sir.

(16-07-2016 07:49pm)harry Wrote:  have exactly the same problem: leaking crankshaft seal which needs to be replaced. this requires gearbox removal. been quoted 10 1/2 hours. interesting.

Spot the design fault Evil

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-07-2016 11:24am
ziggy stardust

Had the car serviced but not happy with the way I was treated at Swansea LR with their 'don't care attitude' so as I was considering a new car, even a new Evoque or Jaguar I decided to look elsewhere and traded in the Evoque for a new BMW.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, goodbye.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 11:39am by ziggy stardust.)
29-07-2016 11:36am
Steve D

(16-07-2016 01:56pm)ziggy stardust Wrote:  Definitely too much, they really are taking the p#ss.

I think it's all down to the new management team that believe as they are so busy they can charge whatever they want. I mean £54 for an MOT when the Fiat garage opposite has a sign out front showing MOTs for £35.

The reason many 'premium' car dealers charge the maximum permitted MOT fee (or do not carry out MOT's) is because they would actually be losing money as the time (allegedly) taken for an MOT would earn them less and they have a whole MOT bay to set aside, equip and maintain. £54 for 45 minutes work equates to £72/hr. They would definitely lose money at that rate when they could have the same technician working on cars at £120+ per hour!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
29-07-2016 01:57pm