Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Annoyed!!!!
cjfp

RE: Annoyed!!!!

+2

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-01-2012 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

A friend of mine came across these on Facebook. (And decided next time Vistaprint were doing a free business card offer - got them printed up.)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
02-01-2012 10:59am
PhilSkill

Laughing

Although dont agree with the key'ing threat! would remove that.

It really does pee me off that people have such disrespect though, my Mazda has a horrendous scar in the back door from Birmingham airport carpark, where someone obviously used it as a door stop while loading cases on the back seat not only a ding but rubbed up and down too, unbelievable. They should be publically flogged.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2012 12:53am
JiiPee

Its common practise here in Paris at parallel parking to touch forward and back bumpers. Sometimes they even push to get more space. In order to do that they advise that you should leave the car in neutral and no handbrake! Horrible, i avoid parallel parking here at any cost. Also the parking garages are super tight. One I have is so tight at the gate that theres about an inch space on each side mirror when driving in.

Also the garage roofs are often so low that I have to hold the tailgate ( non electronic one) with one hand so it wouldnt touch the concrete roof.

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
03-01-2012 10:22am
PhilSkill

I remember in Barcelona you could count on 1 hand the number of cars without damage! many with not trivial dents etc

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
04-01-2012 12:33am
mark_n

I'm afraid this is why I run an ageing but still brilliant Subaru Impreza wagon. I use it for all errand running and it's fine. It has rubber protective strips along the doors but is gradually amassing a series of dings.

Only yesterday, I came back to Gatwick from New Year in Tuscany to find some idiot had parked so close (to the Subaru), I had to get in on the passenger side and clamber across. The Subaru is a foot narrower than the RRE so that will really fill a standard airport parking space.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-01-2012 06:36am
PhilSkill

(04-01-2012 06:36am)mark_n Wrote:  I'm afraid this is why I run an ageing but still brilliant Subaru Impreza wagon. I use it for all errand running and it's fine. It has rubber protective strips along the doors but is gradually amassing a series of dings.

Only yesterday, I came back to Gatwick from New Year in Tuscany to find some idiot had parked so close (to the Subaru), I had to get in on the passenger side and clamber across. The Subaru is a foot narrower than the RRE so that will really fill a standard airport parking space.

Yep great way to do it these days, use your old car as the work horse!

04-01-2012 09:53am
fjpl

Very Happy Seen it happen many times, most drivers don't really care how they park. Mind you I also blame the the people that design/allocate how big a space is. Cars are bigger than they were say 20 years ago, i think they've not changed the size of the spacing. ALSO MORE 4X4'S AROUND.
(31-12-2011 12:10pm)ZuluKZN Wrote:  I am so annoyed, went to our local supermarket this morning and deliberately choose a parking that will not invite too many cars around me (the car park was at least 60% full). Did my shopping and got back into the car and noticed this idiot trying to park next to me (don’t get me wrong have nothing against that but this guy came up too close). He then opens his door and slams it into my passage door and thinks nothing of it and casually walks away to get a parking ticket. Luckily there was no damage. Can anyone make me understand why he would choose that particular bay when there were at least 70 bays available to him??? Sorry just venting!!!!.............HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS AND DOLLS!!!!!
04-01-2012 04:37pm
DaveR

(04-01-2012 04:37pm)fjpl Wrote:  Very Happy Seen it happen many times, most drivers don't really care how they park. Mind you I also blame the the people that design/allocate how big a space is. Cars are bigger than they were say 20 years ago, i think they've not changed the size of the spacing. ALSO MORE 4X4'S AROUND.

I Quite agree, especially some multistories...
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:14pm by DaveR.)
04-01-2012 10:13pm