Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And it's Good Bye from the Stadt
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: And it's Good Bye from the Stadt

Stadt, sorry to hear that you have left us. Your presence on the forum has always been informative and interesting and appreciated by all. Enjoy your new car, when I arrived back at the airport this afternoon there was GTS version parked next to my sister ancient Civic, it looked very nice in dark gunmetal grey. Over on RRS there are some new members who have come to RRS from Macan - they each say one thing about it that made then change to an RRS - that while the exterior looks quite big they found them cramped in the front and rear passengers complained about lack of leg room.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2017 09:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-04-2017 09:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

(28-04-2017 09:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Stadt, sorry to hear that you have left us. Your presence on the forum has always been informative and interesting and appreciated by all. Enjoy your new car, when I arrived back at the airport this afternoon there was GTS version parked next to my sister ancient Civic, it looked very nice in dark gunmetal grey. Over on RRS there are some new members who have come to RRS from Macan - they each say one thing about it that made then change to an RRS - that while the exterior looks quite big they found them cramped in the front and rear passengers complained about lack of leg room.

Tim, the feelings are mutual, this has been a great Forum with some really good tips and advice. I'll stay around for a bit as you may never know I might be back Laughing

Yeah, it's not as big in the front as an RRS and I did think of buying one but we went for the GTS version as in Germany they are talking about banning diesel cars from major cities, no matter what car you have, in fact I think I read somewhere that Mercedes are talking about not producing any more diesel cars Shocked

So for me it was a case of having to change the car (I'd had her for 2 years, never had one that long before) plus I didn't want to buy another diesel only for the market to fall out of its arse.

I'd love JLR to produce a Hybrid version of the Evoque or maybe the new Velar?

All the best Tim.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
29-04-2017 08:14am
syl

(26-04-2017 09:54am)PhilSkill Wrote:  And you get free Sat Nav map updates... as we do on our V40CC, but not our Evoque... not that that bugs me at all Mad

You do with a new one.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
01-05-2017 08:43pm
bigmac3161

And it's Good Bye from the Stadt

Since when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-05-2017 10:56pm
Stadt Panzer

Hi all,
We’ll the Macan came and went and for the last year I’ve been driving a Volvo XC40 Recharge which has been enjoyable but we have decided to come back to the fold and on Saturday we ordered a new AUTOBIOGRAPHYP300e. Cannot wait!!

25-07-2022 08:08pm
benzina

(25-07-2022 08:08pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Hi all,
We’ll the Macan came and went and for the last year I’ve been driving a Volvo XC40 Recharge which has been enjoyable but we have decided to come back to the fold and on Saturday we ordered a new AUTOBIOGRAPHYP300e. Cannot wait!!

Congrats Stadt, and welcome back to the mighty Evo and forum....your new AB P300e is a top liner, enjoy!!!
I still proudly have the original....exactly like the one in my avatar, and i still absolutely love its timeless shape!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2022 06:48am by benzina.)
26-07-2022 06:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome back Stadt, I have gone full BEV and fun at 100% with a Mini Cooper SE to go alongside my 2020 Defender110. Fuel cost here where I am in Scotland - since Nov 2021 to today has been £25 for 5000 miles of motoring………..

One of the EV channels I follow on YouTube has a great video out today on a Magna developement Evoque PHEV with 3 engines - 2 electric and one ICE - that can drift….. I’ll post it in another section

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-07-2022 10:17am
Stadt Panzer

Well it's good to be back, well nearly Wink

Wife had a BMW i3S for the last 3 years and that is super quick off the mark but she has decided that needs to do so she is looking for a replacement.

We had a wallbox installed as the Volvo came but we are not yet ready to go total EV, one is enough. I am sure at some point we will go that way but not at the moment.

Again, thanks for welcoming me back.

03-08-2022 05:54pm
Stadt Panzer

Well yesterday was the day Smile. On time and as planned I picked up my new P300 Autobiography and I am really impressed. Need to settle in first, getting to know the car and finding the perfect seat position, normally for me takes a bit of time but it was a a really nice drive home from the dealer. Smile.

24-06-2023 05:11am
benzina

Congradulations on taking delivery of your new P300 Stadt.....most exciting for you, after quite a wait there.
Will fit you like your favourite shoe in no time. A gem of a car....enjoy!!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
24-06-2023 07:23am