Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amber engine light has come on
Corday

Amber engine light has come on

Only had the car about a month...not impressed a low oil light came on two weeks ago went back to dealer, faulty reading. Today the amber engine light came on, whilst on motorway, pulled into a service station swied car on and off, its driving fine (its very cold out -3). I am now at work will wait a bit and go back to restart car...any ideas?
29-11-2016 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Amber engine light has come on

Call Land Rover Assist out, if they cannot fix it then they will get the car to a dealership and arrange a loaner. That's what they are there for.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 10:24am by XFullFatTim.)
29-11-2016 10:22am
Corday

Will do thank you, could do without this hassle not what you expect from an expensive car..
29-11-2016 10:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Over on RRSport there have been a lot of folks having similar issues with the Engine Management light coming on and it is due to an issue with the AdBlue quality (NOT quantity) sensor - apparently there is a sensor that can determine the quality of Adblue and that you haven't just added water when the level is low............ and it has been playing up. Ask you dealer to see if your car needs to have the software upgrade carried out for AdBlue quality. I'm sorry but I don't know what the Q number is for this upgrade and my car doesn't need AdBlu.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2016 01:42pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-11-2016 01:41pm