Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amazon Echo Input - 2013 Evoque
Bluesman66

Amazon Echo Input - 2013 Evoque

I have been attempting to add the new Echo Input to my evoque with mixed results

1 - The Echo input fits neatly into one of the cup holders ( thinking of drilling small hole through to cubby/armrest console to feed power/audio

2 - Managed to get it working with audio cable via Aux but too much electrical interference (Ground loop) so i have ordered a ground loop isolator from Amazon - lets see if that works

3- Connected wifi via my iphone 7 Plus/hotspot - it wont let you configure wifi on the same phone as you use for hotspot - so i connected the unit in the house using wifi using my ipad and then directed alexa to log into wifi hotspot (iphone7 plus) Then plugged everything in in the car and after a few minutes had it working

4 - BLUETOOTH - THATS THE ISSUE - using the alexa app i can see the range rover bluetooth when i try to connect device to car but when i try to connect it asks me to choose a code and then instantly fails. Trying to connect car to device it doesnt recognise anything

so at the moment i am stuck with noisy audio via an analogue cable - lets see if the ground loop supressor helps
28-01-2019 04:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply